JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've only been out of the AR game for a year. In the last year things have continued to change and morph in this crazy world. New Optics. New ammo, new upgrades, the list goes on and on.

I had a chance to handle the BCM tactical charging latches at the last gun show. They are awesome. The PRI was just about the only decent latch upgrade a year ago.

A couple things Ive seen so far that I took interest in; I'll have more as I dive back into things.

BCM extractor upgrades; Who has used them? What did this do for you? Positive?

300 Blackout. This round was in development at the time and without going into all the advantages and pitfalls its interesting for sure and I'm excited for AAC to have done well with it. I own 2 AAC suppressors and love their products and think the idea is wonderful. I hope it has staying power. Time will tell. Having a standard in place makes it very comfortable.

The question; If there is anyone here that has experience building 300 blackout or shooting these rifles, how did you like it honestly? How did you like the recoil and follow up shots? Was it reliable? Did you have jamming issues other than gas volume issues?

My next AR was going to either be a mark 12 spr type rifle or something with the 6.8SPC, but id have alot of fun with this. The one thing I don't want to do is buy another 30 cal suppressor because the one I have now is spoken for, but I will do it to maximize the fun.

I had a chance to handle the BCM tactical charging latches at the last gun show. They are awesome. The PRI was just about the only decent latch upgrade a year ago.

There is probably a dozen different charging handle latches on the market. I've seen some that run damn near $100, kind of crazy IMHO. I have a couple of different brands, I like PRI's the best, but it's just a personal preference thing. My old Colt A1 charging handle has been doing fine for years.

BCM extractor upgrades; Who has used them? What did this do for you? Positive?

There are several different extractor "upgrades" on the market, the D shaped O ring, high strength springs, inserts.

Extractor springs wear out, it's a maintenance item. Most rifles only need a good spring and black insert, some may need a O ring added. You can buy a bag of the O rings from McMaster-Carr for 10% of the cost from AR venders.

Extractor O ring info.

McMaster-Carr Viton o-rings.

1201T16 (Same as 1201T111) Mil-Spec Viton O-Ring AS568A Dash Number 006

ID: 1/8" (0.114")

OD: 1/4" (0.254")

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA