JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I grew up here in WA. I learned to shoot in my back yard, taught by my father who served as police chief of Bellingham and then Spokane before retiring and going to teach other LE leaders at the FBI National Executive Institute (command training for cops). I joined the Army out of college in the 90s and retired a few years ago, finally back in my home state after bouncing around the world in uniform. I'm shocked to see how gun owners have been painted so badly as stupid, violent, racist, or worse. In my day you actually could earn your high school letter based on competitive shooting (as two of us did in my year) and Washington was a state known for its constitutional respect for firearm rights. As I settle in to this next phase of my life I look forward to helping change this false and offensive view of so many good, law-abiding and responsible members of our state.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODF supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Accurate and unfortunate description, hopefully the narrative will continue shifting in a positive direction in the coming years. All we can do is continue to stand up for our constitutional rights and educate others on the importance of them.

Welcome to NWFA my friend!

We had a rifle club at my high school up until the year I graduated, 1968. It think it was disestablished the year after. The main reason is that the local police range that the club used was closed to civilians. The city had an honor farm where low-risk prisoners worked and they provided most of the staff at the police range. When city policies changed about incarceration, they lost this manpower.

You've got a tough row to hoe changing public attitudes re.firearms ownership but you have my best wishes in the effort.

I grew up here in WA. I learned to shoot in my back yard, taught by my father who served as police chief of Bellingham and then Spokane before retiring and going to teach other LE leaders at the FBI National Executive Institute (command training for cops). I joined the Army out of college in the 90s and retired a few years ago, finally back in my home state after bouncing around the world in uniform. I'm shocked to see how gun owners have been painted so badly as stupid, violent, racist, or worse. In my day you actually could earn your high school letter based on competitive shooting (as two of us did in my year) and Washington was a state known for its constitutional respect for firearm rights. As I settle in to this next phase of my life I look forward to helping change this false and offensive view of so many good, law-abiding and responsible members of our state.

I appreciate your comments. As a newer gun owner and chl holder, I agree with the bad press that gun owners have gotten in recent years. I live in Portland but grew up in Eastern Oregon where gun ownership was normalized among salt of the Earth folks and nobody thought anything about it, much less accused them of having a political agenda. I support your efforts in changing the reputation of decent law abiding gun owners.

Careful there.....

1673563692084.png

Aloha, Mark

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODF supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Welcome!! Its great to have you here!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads