JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
LOL, I still have girls hit on me now and then ring and all. Often girls younger than my damn kids. Don't know if it's "Daddy issues" or what. Some times makes me uncomfortable. When Wife see's it she see's red. I keep telling her unless you think they are going to take me at gun point you have nothing to worry about. :cool:
I hesitated to comment about this earlier, but I was shocked that such younger women would be interested. I eventually met my wife at church. Didn't know anything about her and I don't ask a gal how old she is. She said she wanted to have coffee sometime. I agreed to go the next weekend. I sent her a text and said, hey I'm 54 and I don't know how old you are, but we can still have coffee if you want. She said my age wasn't a problem for her and was curious if her being 30 would be a problem for me. I daid I didn't know, but we could still do the coffee date. After that we have pretty much been inseperable and get along amazingly. She told me later she had spotted me at church about a year earlier and said to herself, I'm going to marry that guy. It's not any sort of 'issues' for her...she has a rock solid family and very kind and loving parents. Sometimes things just go different than we think they should.

Retirement has been great. Been since I was 52. The year before there just wasn't much work and after my dad died in 97, I didn't look for work. Just waited for the hall to call me.
That was retired,lived 2 1/2 years and died,BTW ;) 62-65yo
Think about ito_O
Now had I worked more my pension would be better but I get by just fine.
After 7 years and how my joints and all hurt, I couldn't imagine still climbing onto a machine for 8-10 hours. I'm too grumpy to listen to some kid tell me what to do. And no way in heck I'd commute to most the places I used to.
Here I would have to cowboy and that ain't gunna happen,lol
Or a river guide till my shoulders fail in the rapids:eek:. Could be exciting. There is driving/ shuttling cars and people for the outfitters. But I'd fall asleep driving 12-14 hours a day.
Soooo.... I'll stay retired and let someone less fortunate than me take the job.
As I say,I'm way better at doing nothing than my dad ever was:D

I hesitated to comment about this earlier, but I was shocked that such younger women would be interested. I eventually met my wife at church. Didn't know anything about her and I don't ask a gal how old she is. She said she wanted to have coffee sometime. I agreed to go the next weekend. I sent her a text and said, hey I'm 54 and I don't know how old you are, but we can still have coffee if you want. She said my age wasn't a problem for her and was curious if her being 30 would be a problem for me. I daid I didn't know, but we could still do the coffee date. After that we have pretty much been inseperable and get along amazingly. She told me later she had spotted me at church about a year earlier and said to herself, I'm going to marry that guy. It's not any sort of 'issues' for her...she has a rock solid family and very kind and loving parents. Sometimes things just go different than we think they should.

For a woman 30 some guy 54 is not that much spread in age, and I'm assuming you were single. When it has gotten uncomfortable for me is when girls barely old enough to drink and sometimes not even that old, were openly hitting on someone 30 + years older who was obviously married.

girls barely old enough to drink and sometimes not even that old, were openly hitting on someone 30 + years older who was obviously married.

That's because there's a severe shortage of actual, real, honest to gosh, M E N in their age group for them to choose from.
When their pond is filled with mainly pansified, entitled, video game addicted, immature, snowflakes, that have no apparent skills/jobs/future. Dependent thumb suckers with only the most rudimentary situationaly-adjustable morals, no listening skills, no strength of character, and without pride or honor...
...suddenly "old" isn't even on their radar as a negative.

They're looking for "Sir Galahad" but all they're finding is "Phart the stableboy"

Last Edited:
What the hey my life imitating an Illegal Immigrant.

Age 5-12
I picked Strawberries in May and June
I picked Cane Berries and some Cherries in July
I picked Pole Beans in August
From about 8-18 I cut firewood and picked up the wood lot after the Columbus day storm
From 10-16/17 I mowed lawns for a 1/2 dozen neighbors some pushing my lawn mower a mile or so down the hwy to get there.
At 12 I started working Hourly for farmers carrying and loading strawberries, Moving irrigation pipe in beans and corn mostly, I picked beans that summer as well.
At 13 -14 along with the Irrigation pipe bucking hay mowing lawns and various little jobs I started Weighing beans for a Grower lifting 60-100 lb sacks of Pole beans into a scales and then dumping them into the Bean Box. Started work at 5 am got home at 10pm
At 15 I went to work as a carpenters apprentice we did the foundations for 11 really upscale Duplexes in Salem then framed them and did the roof sheeting and nailed the particle board floor underlayment.
At 16 Went to work at a small dairy everything from moving pipe and bucking hay to helping with the milking and sanitation.
At 17 Worked for a Christmas tree farm as a topper we carefully trimed the very tops of trees so they would have a proper taper for the other guys that did the shearing to shape.
At 18 back to the Christmas tree farm
19 off to college where I worked as a Graphic Artist and darkroom tech to help pay for school. Then that summer I worked a Cannery/The christmas tree farm and finally Chevron USA as an attendant and lube mech.

All those jobs no white guy wants to do. I was so abused.

You're my hero!

Wishing you and the misses the very, very BEST this season and thereafter!

LOL, I still have girls hit on me now and then ring and all. Often girls younger than my damn kids. Don't know if it's "Daddy issues" or what. Some times makes me uncomfortable. When Wife see's it she see's red. I keep telling her unless you think they are going to take me at gun point you have nothing to worry about. :cool:

I think they just like to see us old men squirm.

But then, I don't have any of them hitting on me. :oops:

Probably because they sense I am single and would take them up on it - which makes sense since you have a ring.

Nothing wrong with younger women going for seasoned men. My father will be 53 in January, my step mother is only 39. That's only 4 years my senior. WTG Pops! Young wives keep older men from getting too old. Ohyeah - my pop made babies with his bride, so at 35 I've got a little brother who turns 15 next month, and a little sis who is only 10. By the time she's old enough to date, my dad will be too old to give a damn about the feelings of potential suitors trying to court his princess, and may just teach the young guys not to mess with old men, because they don't fight fair. :D

a) I can ride the Airlines, Amtrak (yay) and Greyhound at discount rates.

b) Theater tickets cost less.

c) There are pills that can help control OFD (Old Fart's Disease). :p

Here in Springfield, Cinemark 17 theater tickets are only $4.50 for seniors. Every Monday is Senior Day, and it only costs $3.75 all day then.

Some places are also giving discounts at age 60, and in some cases, as low as age 55. For example, you only have to be 55 to qualify for the Senior Menu items at Denny's Restaurants.

That's because there's a severe shortage of actual, real, honest to gosh, M E N in their age group for them to choose from.
When their pond is filled with mainly pansified, entitled, video game addicted, immature, snowflakes, that have no apparent skills/jobs/future. Dependent thumb suckers with only the most rudimentary situationaly-adjustable morals, no listening skills, no strength of character, and without pride or honor...
...suddenly "old" isn't even on their radar as a negative.

They're looking for "Sir Galahad" but all they're finding is "Phart the stableboy"
ROTFLMAO!!
You are dead on!!! I am often of course VERY UN PC and don't apologize for it. With such a large percentage of the "adult" male population still living at home. Dressing like some kind of metro something. Scared to death to "offend" ANYONE, maybe old guys like me suddenly look great. :cool:

Here in Springfield, Cinemark 17 theater tickets are only $4.50 for seniors. Every Monday is Senior Day, and it only costs $3.75 all day then.

Some places are also giving discounts at age 60, and in some cases, as low as age 55. For example, you only have to be 55 to qualify for the Senior Menu items at Denny's Restaurants.
Wife and I stared doing that long ago. Places like IHop started offering discount at 55 we said hell why not. Food is noting to write home about of course but now and then it's fun to go. Just to say "were're here for the senior discount". :D

Nothing wrong with younger women going for seasoned men. My father will be 53 in January, my step mother is only 39. That's only 4 years my senior. WTG Pops! Young wives keep older men from getting too old. Ohyeah - my pop made babies with his bride, so at 35 I've got a little brother who turns 15 next month, and a little sis who is only 10. By the time she's old enough to date, my dad will be too old to give a damn about the feelings of potential suitors trying to court his princess, and may just teach the young guys not to mess with old men, because they don't fight fair. :D
A guy 53 and a woman almost 40 to me is nothing odd at all. When I was young it was fairly common to see couples where the husband was 10 or 15 years older than the Mom. By the time I was a teen there was a lot of what I thought were pretty hot Moms due to this.

If I play my cards right, I could ride the 'Greydog' to San Ysidro, CA from Portland for $95.00 one way ($190.00, or less round-trip).

It makes vacationing far less expensive. I can take a room at the Hotel Caesar on Revolution Avenue in downtown Tijuana for less than $50.00 per night.

Life can be good.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads