JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I could only read a small part before I had to drop out. There has been this thing ever since the great lock down of people not wanting to work. Got too used to getting paid to do nothing. Now a LOT are pushing back at being told to come to work. A LOT of screaming and crying when they are told either come to work or get fired. They are soon going to "fix" the problem of jobs going begging but, for now there is still jobs going begging. People in one they don't want? Move to another. While back the place I work gave a raise to all the new people trying to retain the ones they had been able to hire. A few of us who had been there a while got told they could not do it for us as we were at the top of the pay schedule. I laughed it off as I would just leave if I was not happy. A few did not laugh it off and a few did quit. I got rewarded with a 12% increase I had no idea was coming with another merit increase that will be coming in a month or two. Again though I have long made it a point to give them what they ask for since I choose to stay. Those who want to whine and slack off saying they "deserve more" can whine and cry until they no longer have a job at all.

The issue is both parties are being obtuse and passive aggressive because nobody puts their big person panties on anymore....
JFC!
It aint difficult, you need more money, go ask for it. Want to work at home, ask for it.
If your asks are not granted, then be ready to move on.

I just went through this, not the passive aggressive BS.
I needed more money. I went and found a new job that is giving me the money i need. I offered the current company the opportunity to make a counter offer. They cant do it.
I am moving on. Not a big deal. No skin off my nuts or anyone else's for that matter.

I dont understand this new phenomena of calling things these weird cute names like "quiet quitting or quiet firing". It sounds like some adults that didnt grow the f**k up.

I'm seeing both sides of this issue.

On one side, inflation, and wages depressing, coupled with more companies trying to get more labor done for less hours/less pay relative to the former value of work... people being scheduled for less hours, not having PTO or vacation days, being told to train their replacements who are willing to work for less while they themselves are not getting raises or wage increases while the costs of everything is going up

On the other side... there are definitely less motivated workers and skilled workers who wants to do the work, and so companies need to practically lower their hiring standards, but also to lower the relative wages in order to maintain profitability and in order to not get their departments cut out, laid off, out sourced.

There is also an issue of hiring companies having a sort of screening where if the applicant hasn't worked in the last 2 years, they go into the round file; or they are over qualified, but they want these qualifications for "entry level" work. All of that compounds with inflation, closed businesses, record high "profits" and extremely large wages for certain positions... all that makes for a dandy bad combination and contributes to a collapsing economy.

I'm seeing both sides of this issue.

On one side, inflation, and wages depressing, coupled with more companies trying to get more labor done for less hours/less pay relative to the former value of work... people being scheduled for less hours, not having PTO or vacation days, being told to train their replacements who are willing to work for less while they themselves are not getting raises or wage increases while the costs of everything is going up

On the other side... there are definitely less motivated workers and skilled workers who wants to do the work, and so companies need to practically lower their hiring standards, but also to lower the relative wages in order to maintain profitability and in order to not get their departments cut out, laid off, out sourced.

There is also an issue of hiring companies having a sort of screening where if the applicant hasn't worked in the last 2 years, they go into the round file; or they are over qualified, but they want these qualifications for "entry level" work. All of that compounds with inflation, closed businesses, record high "profits" and extremely large wages for certain positions... all that makes for a dandy bad combination and contributes to a collapsing economy.
Unless people go to work for the government they are working for a place that is only there for one reason, make money. If people do not like it? Simple, get more training, or change jobs. The Company does not owe anyone anything. Still lots of Gov jobs, people who want to do the bare minimum can take one of those. A LOT of places are still begging for people. Where I work they do not care if someone has taken the last two years off. What they do care about is will they come to work now? People can make all the excuses they want. Soon this "problem" is going to fix itself. There before long will not be jobs begging. While we literally flood the country with people who will work. So those who want to do nothing? They will soon have nothing to do and they can be happy. :s0092:

I'm informed that there are a lot of people training their replacements who disclosed that they are going to do the same jobs for less money. That seems to be a pretty common issue with certain fields. On the other hand, there are also a lot of people who are resenting the fact some companies are starting new hires with a higher starting wage than they themselves are earning. So it does seem to be dependent on locations and companies. The unfortunate truth is that many small businesses are gone, maybe forever, and many larger businesses are being somewhat choosy on who they're hiring. People do have the right to be as choosy, but they shouldn't be complaining if they themselves are not as reliable as companies wants them to be. I'm seeing more a possible return to a more artisanal/side gigs/short term type of employment, more seasonal and cyclic, more people choosing to focus more on family time and enjoying life as opposed to working 40-80 hours a week just to pay bills but the thing most aren't thinking these days is that everything costs money and they need to figure out all that out. Otherwise.. there are indeed reports of employers not giving PTO, or even sick day benefits to new employees after the 90 days of probationary periods, and some are cutting down on such things in order to maintain either productivity or profit or both.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top