JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Went shooting again, yesterday. Experienced a serious problem with the Velocity trigger. It shot just fine on Saturday. Yesterday, major problem. Right now, I must take back my recommendation on the Velocity trigger. I'll update y'all as I get this sorted out.

A couple weeks back, I started to report a problem I am having with the Velocity 3lb trigger in my Ar15 rifle. After two weeks of exchanging emails with the vendor, and troubleshooting the problem, I can now finish the report. The trigger is doubling on me. That is, two rounds fired with one break of the trigger.

It is doubling because of my specific method of pulling the trigger. That is.. pulling very slowly. Slowly enough that I am surprised by the trigger break. Here's what is happening. At the point where the trigger breaks, I'm only pulling at 3lbs. The rifle discharges, and the recoil is greater than 3lbs. That causes the rifle to go backwards with more force than I am applying to the trigger. This, in effect, causes my trigger finger, and the trigger, to go forward, slightly. Which means the trigger never goes far enough to the rear for the disconnector to engage. Then, the bolt goes forward with enough force, that it, in effect, causes my finger, and the trigger, to go backward. Second shot. This all happens faster than I can react. I can't willfully pull back on the trigger quickly enough after the first shot goes off. And, I can't let off the trigger quickly enough before the second shot happens.

I have figured out a couple of ways to make it work, for me. First, I can intentionally pull the trigger with more force than is needed. This ensures that the disconnector will engage after the trigger breaks. It is also jerking the trigger, which kinda defeats the purpose of having a good trigger. Second, I can load singly. This is what I've chosen to do. I only use the Velocity trigger for one-shot-at-a-time precision shooting. Loading singly is not a problem. When I want to shoot more quickly, I just put the standard trigger back in. Easy.

drop in triggers are a con job, with most drop in parts. the sellers want you to believe that f you throw enough money at an ar you can make it perfect. You too can be an "operator" just like in HALO!!! as hard as it is to believe an ar built up on generic parts for 500 bucks is probably more accurate than the shooter is. it aint the gun bucko it's you.

the AR parts market it a marketing executives wet dream

A couple weeks back, I started to report a problem I am having with the Velocity 3lb trigger in my Ar15 rifle. After two weeks of exchanging emails with the vendor, and troubleshooting the problem, I can now finish the report. The trigger is doubling on me. That is, two rounds fired with one break of the trigger.

It is doubling because of my specific method of pulling the trigger. That is.. pulling very slowly. Slowly enough that I am surprised by the trigger break. Here's what is happening. At the point where the trigger breaks, I'm only pulling at 3lbs. The rifle discharges, and the recoil is greater than 3lbs. That causes the rifle to go backwards with more force than I am applying to the trigger. This, in effect, causes my trigger finger, and the trigger, to go forward, slightly. Which means the trigger never goes far enough to the rear for the disconnector to engage. Then, the bolt goes forward with enough force, that it, in effect, causes my finger, and the trigger, to go backward. Second shot. This all happens faster than I can react. I can't willfully pull back on the trigger quickly enough after the first shot goes off. And, I can't let off the trigger quickly enough before the second shot happens.

I have figured out a couple of ways to make it work, for me. First, I can intentionally pull the trigger with more force than is needed. This ensures that the disconnector will engage after the trigger breaks. It is also jerking the trigger, which kinda defeats the purpose of having a good trigger. Second, I can load singly. This is what I've chosen to do. I only use the Velocity trigger for one-shot-at-a-time precision shooting. Loading singly is not a problem. When I want to shoot more quickly, I just put the standard trigger back in. Easy.
my $260 geissele super 3 g does the same thing if the rifle not shouldered properly. It will bump fire.

Not quite $100, but I just installed the Velocity trigger. 3lb. $135 dollars. No take-up slop, at all. No creep, at all. No movement of any kind between first touch and break. I'm off to the range, right now, to shoot it for the first time. More later.

(edit) During shooting, the trigger works just like during dry-fire. No slop. Light pull. No creep. No grit. Surprised me every time. That's a good thing. I can't anticipate the break, and jerk the shot. No light strikes in the 50 rounds I shot today. Just.. wonderful!

I can't second this enough. I bought one on sale, and loved it so much I bought a second at regular price. Velocity triggers are damn nice triggers for the price point. I prefer it to the Timney I own.

my $260 geissele super 3 g does the same thing if the rifle not shouldered properly. It will bump fire.

So will the SSA-E, the S3g is ment to be use for as stated 3 gun matches. It's a great trigger!

Don't get me wrong, have 1 on my race rifle. For use on closed course competition, not legal for street use..... LOL

Last night I pulled the stock trigger out of one of my ar's. It was pulling 7+ lbs and was scratchy . 20 minutes of clean up, polishing and a bit of spring tweaking , now it pulls right at 5#. Still a tad scratchy but I think that will wear in. Its not anywhere near my 3# Timmney Skeleton but its still a big improvement and didn't cost a thing.

I wish geissele would make one for my MP core . For now I will live with a 2# APEX.

IMAG1233.jpg

When I first got into AR's I would wonder why someone would spend so much money on a trigger. Then I decided to buy a Geissele SSA trigger when I saw one on sale. It was money well spent. Next time I put together an AR, it will get an SSA trigger. If I can't afford it right away, I will put a little money away from each paycheck until I can get it.

drop in triggers are a con job, with most drop in parts. the sellers want you to believe that f you throw enough money at an ar you can make it perfect. You too can be an "operator" just like in HALO!!! as hard as it is to believe an ar built up on generic parts for 500 bucks is probably more accurate than the shooter is. it aint the gun bucko it's you.

the AR parts market it a marketing executives wet dream
BULL SHYTE
When my buddy is 10 feet away and I can hear the trigger scratching as he pulls it,it's the trigger.
Drop in triggers are the bomb

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads