JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I bought the very first piece of the AR puzzle the other day, a stripped lower receiver. Now of course comes all the afterward parts.

I think I'm suffering from analysis paralysis. There's so many f-ing choices of triggers, lower parts kits, stocks, etc., etc. that it's all too damned overwhelming!

I was all set to buy a fairly comprehensive LPK when I started seeing how crappy the stock mil-spec triggers are on AR rifles. Complaints generally include long creep, over-travel, hard pull, and gritty trigger. I certainly don't want any of that, especially the hard pull and gritty trigger. I've gotten quite used to the triggers on my other guns that break around four lbs or less. I also don't want to spend $200+ dollars on a Timney or Geissele trigger.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a really good AR trigger for less than $100? And if you're going to suggest a trigger job on a stock trigger, then please refer me to the place where it can be done for less than $100. Thanks!

If you own a sharpening stone or two for your knives, you can take any mil spec kit and make the trigger a bit smoother by polishing the sear points.

Again: TOO MANY F-ING CHOICES!!! Why can't there be just a few to choose from instead of freakin' 50 or 60??

How about we narrow this down:

I want a trigger that costs less than $100. I also want a trigger that breaks at about 4lbs or less. How about THAT?

<broken link removed>
This one looks good

OK, enough. I went with this option after doing some research and watching some videos. This is actually the drop in trigger from Black Rain Ordnance, only with their logo milled off. Ths is just the trigger I've been looking for, so thanks to hondacrguy for the heads up!

<broken link removed>
This one looks good

OK, enough. I went with this option after doing some research and watching some videos. This is actually the drop in trigger from Black Rain Ordnance, only with their logo milled off. Ths is just the trigger I've been looking for, so thanks to hondacrguy for the heads up!

Very nice trigger. I really like mine.

Again: TOO MANY F-ING CHOICES!!! Why can't there be just a few to choose from instead of freakin' 50 or 60??

How about we narrow this down:

I want a trigger that costs less than $100. I also want a trigger that breaks at about 4lbs or less. How about THAT?
my suggestion offers everything you ask for at a fraction of the budget threshold you desire. I have used custom drop ins and I'm telling you the 15 minute trigger job is great low cost option and yes it lightens up the pull resistance weight.

A tack driver.
Under .5

Cheaper to build.

If it were me, I would go with a 20"+ Black Hole Weaponry 1/8 or 1/9 barrel. I really like them for the $$$. If you order from SAA, they usually throw in a free stripped upper. Throw in a RRA two stage trigger, a quality BCG and everything else whatever you prefer.

Spend some time developing a load (I'd start with some 69grn SMKs), and you should be right there.

Sorry for the jack.

Not quite $100, but I just installed the Velocity trigger. 3lb. $135 dollars. No take-up slop, at all. No creep, at all. No movement of any kind between first touch and break. I'm off to the range, right now, to shoot it for the first time. More later.

(edit) During shooting, the trigger works just like during dry-fire. No slop. Light pull. No creep. No grit. Surprised me every time. That's a good thing. I can't anticipate the break, and jerk the shot. No light strikes in the 50 rounds I shot today. Just.. wonderful!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads