JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, today I took the AR out for some sight-in activity prior to Appleseed in two weeks. I'm probably going to try and take it out again just to make sure of a few things. But here's some interesting things about today's shooting.

1) The weather couldn't have been better! MAN what a beautiful day to shoot!
12308750_10204737131003394_3708958075326006860_n.jpg
There was hoar frost covering a bunch of the still shaded areas up there.

2) I shot only at 25 meters today. I managed to get it sighted in pretty well using a Lead Sled, and 5.56 55gr ammo.
12311288_10204736415185499_7402140859412149173_n.jpg
The middle group on the left target was the last group I shot, and I decided to leave it be.

3) I shot two Redcoat targets in prone position and sling, and managed to clear one, and almost clear the other!
12311077_10204736414865491_5089090489351553822_n.jpg

4) This device was absolutely useless on my rifle:
s9709_1.jpg
It's an ambidextrous bolt release. It functioned properly ONE TIME. All other instances it failed to capture the bolt back after firing the last round. I'm going back to the stock bolt release and sending this crap back for a refund. *EDIT* For clarification purposes, problem was NOT the ambi bolt release lever! Scroll down for further explanation!

5) I also shot some .22 while I was up there.
12311259_10204736415425505_1764688505727119069_n.jpg
I forgot to bring the sling swivel for my 10/22, so shot the Redcoat in prone with no support other than my platform hand. I still managed to almost clear both targets. It's amazing to me how much I've come to rely on that sling! At any rate, I found without question that my 10/22 in its current configuration loves plain old standard velocity CCI .22 ammo the best. If anyone has any they'd like to trade me straight across for any of the multitudes of new in the box .22 ammo I have, let me know!

Last Edited:
Well, today I took the AR out for some sight-in activity prior to Appleseed in two weeks. I'm probably going to try and take it out again just to make sure of a few things. But here's some interesting things about today's shooting.

1) The weather couldn't have been better! MAN what a beautiful day to shoot!
View attachment 265592
There was hoar frost covering a bunch of the still shaded areas up there.

2) I shot only at 25 meters today. I managed to get it sighted in pretty well using a Lead Sled, and 5.56 55gr ammo.
View attachment 265593
The middle group on the left target was the last group I shot, and I decided to leave it be.

3) I shot two Redcoat targets in prone position and sling, and managed to clear one, and almost clear the other!
View attachment 265594

4) This device was absolutely useless on my rifle:
View attachment 265595
It's an ambidextrous bolt release. It functioned properly ONE TIME. All other instances it failed to capture the bolt back after firing the last round. I'm going back to the stock bolt release and sending this crap back for a refund.

5) I also shot some .22 while I was up there.
View attachment 265596
I forgot to bring the sling swivel for my 10/22, so shot the Redcoat in prone with no support other than my platform hand. I still managed to almost clear both targets. It's amazing to me how much I've come to rely on that sling! At any rate, I found without question that my 10/22 in its current configuration loves plain old standard velocity CCI .22 ammo the best. If anyone has any they'd like to trade me straight across for any of the multitudes of new in the box .22 ammo I have, let me know!

Wow
Sad to hear about the EBRV2
I have 5 of them and never had 1 issue .

Is this the 1st time you have shot with it after the install??

When you remove it check for burrs, and that detent and spring are in correct order.

I use a cut away punch from Brownell along with my roll pin punches . The cutaway allows a true straight alignment when removing or installing the roll pin.

The hole in the ebrv2 or the lower may of had been burred.

Is a guess, but after 5 installs and no issue's with any of them. It's worth looking into.

Oh and I'm sure you have the correct unit also as there is the 308 model . Call them and make sure .

The Phase 5 guys are there to help and are friendly

After quite a bit of research on what was available, I went with a CMMG 2-stage on my A4 and Geissele SD-E 2-stage for my build (yes, one was not enough). I use Aeroshell 6 aviation grease on both, which I believe came with the SD-E. I bought the SD-E for the tack driver after two trips down to Rainier Arms to fondle their demos. The CMMG was around $100 (I picked up at a show), while the SD-E was over twice that. Both have a very crisp break, and I've had no issues or regrets. Each trigger had a very noticeable and positive affect on my groups. BTW, I highly recommend the Aeroshell 6 grease for the AR trigger. It had a dramatic affect on the mil-spec trigger, but didn't solve all of the issues. You'll see folks this selling this in 2 oz syringes for around $10. You can get a full tube at an airport FBO for about $20. Just ask an aircraft mechanic.

Seeing as how this thread got bumped, I thought I'd just remind folks that I posted on another thread of mine that it was NOT the ambi bolt release that was the problem. It was the lower itself. The channel that the bolt release resides in wasn't milled out far enough, so the bolt release could not physically be depressed enough to capture the bolt. The problem was solved by filing down the back side of the bolt release lever, and now it works pefectly.

Last Edited:
Seeing as how this thread got bumped, I thought I'd just remind folks that I posted on another thread of mine that it was NOT the ambi bolt release that was the problem. It was the lower itself. The channel that the bolt release resides jn wasn't milled out far enough, so the bolt release could not physically be depressed enough to capture the bolt. The problem was solved by filing down the back side of the bolt release lever, and now it works pefectly.
Kool fix, had a 1911 that frame hung up the slide stop.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top