JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, I managed to sell of over 1/2 of my collection in the past few days. I only have a couple of Smith revolvers and a Marlin rifle left on the block. I just emptied out one of my safes and condensed most everything into the one safe that is getting moved into my closet upstairs.

It is so sad to look at the sorry collection of firearms that remain from my once proud collection. This little dude better be worth it. He is surely never going to hear the end of it. :D

All joking aside, it is surprising how little I care about the reduced numbers of my collection. I look at the small collection I have and I still feel pretty lucky to own the guns I have now. I would have been thrilled at any time of my life to own the ones I have left. I am especially content with them now that I have other things on my mind. :)

My collection before...

SAFERACKS.jpg

My collection now. The only things not showing are my pistol grip Remington shotgun (which I am going to mount on the inside of the safe door) and my polymer pistols (Kahr PM40, H&K USPc, Springer XD-40SC, and Glock 33).

NewSafe1.jpg

NewSafe2.jpg

The man with one eye felt bad until he met the blind man.

Dude, your collection is still uber-impressive.

You'll enjoy fatherhood, it ain't like nothing else. Especially when you're little one starts shooting with you down the road!

Still a handsome collection, but when it comes down to it, material things are just that.
Im sure many here have been in some tight spots and had to part with things that we didnt want to. Most of my tight spots have been financial.
I regret selling some damn fine guns that I cant replace today, but when it comes down to it, im glad I had em to sell.
It would have been quite foolish to starve my family, while owning a plethoria of guns I really didnt need.
Our reasons may differ but our priorities are the same. Family always comes first. Good luck, sounds like you will be a good dad.

Still a handsome collection, but when it comes down to it, material things are just that.
Im sure many here have been in some tight spots and had to part with things that we didnt want to. Most of my tight spots have been financial.
I regret selling some damn fine guns that I cant replace today, but when it comes down to it, im glad I had em to sell.
It would have been quite foolish to starve my family, while owning a plethoria of guns I really didnt need.
Our reasons may differ but our priorities are the same. Family always comes first. Good luck, sounds like you will be a good dad.
I hope so, but my concerns about my abilities as a parent are many. I just hope to at least be better than my dad. Which means I just have to be better than awful. I have a lot of experience with kids, but none that were my own. I spend most of my time now trying to figure out how I am going to be supportive but not permissive, loving but not smothering, firm but not unfair, protective but not over protective, etc. Then there is the whole teaching them to eat right. I have already decided I have to give up my one main vice besides guns...Pepsi. I just do not want them drinking much soda.

Being a parent of little kids is wonderful and sometimes not so much. Don't ever feel bad if you feel frustrated or angry. It's an organic process. Just be there, learn from mistakes and you'll do better than 95% of parents.

My kids are 6 and 4. Sometimes I'm envious of emptynesters entering retirement, but I realize how fast the time flies - that's not just a cliché.

Its easy to be like our fathers, they were/are our role models, just try and be a role model that you`d love to have had and success is yours, fatherhood is rewarding and trying, sometimes at the same time, but when you get rewarded most are for the things you instill in you children, my sons are like my best friends, one is grown and gone, I have a 13 year old left at home,we ride quads,dirt bikes together,fly model airplanes together, shoot together, and before I know it he`ll be out of school and working and married and gone, he will always remember and cherish what we did as father and son. it sure goes quick so cherish while you can it will pass with a blink of an eye and best wishes to you and yours.

I hope so, but my concerns about my abilities as a parent are many. I just hope to at least be better than my dad. Which means I just have to be better than awful. I have a lot of experience with kids, but none that were my own. I spend most of my time now trying to figure out how I am going to be supportive but not permissive, loving but not smothering, firm but not unfair, protective but not over protective, etc. Then there is the whole teaching them to eat right. I have already decided I have to give up my one main vice besides guns...Pepsi. I just do not want them drinking much soda.

FWIW, PP, a lot more kids go bad from being spoiled brats early in life than they do from a bit too much discipline, if mistakes are to be made (and they will.)

The discipline just can't come from anger, or be meted out as anger. If you can demonstrate that the discipline is for the child's good and not to relieve your own frustrations, you'll do fine. Count to ten, lol.

Pick your fights and don't expect perfection. Don't sweat the small stuff because all humans, even tiny ones, are imperfect.

There is no such thing as too much love, and kids see quality time and attention to them personally as love. They don't see material things as love. In fact, too many material things can spoil them. Make them earn much of what they want because that's reality in life.

Choose your friends carefully. The child will mimic you and your friends.

Never lie to or break a promise to the child. I don't care if it kills you, lol, keep your promises, and keep them on time. Teach by example.

The Catholic Church (regardless of what you think of them otherwise) correctly says "give us a child until he's six years old and he will never depart from what we teach him." That's sobering. You have six years to establish what that kid will ultimately be - his world view. He will get that view from you and the people you and he associate with.

The best to you. :s0155:

- Grandpa with two nice kids and some really nice grand kids. :s0155:

Being a parent of little kids is wonderful and sometimes not so much. Don't ever feel bad if you feel frustrated or angry. It's an organic process. Just be there, learn from mistakes and you'll do better than 95% of parents.

My kids are 6 and 4. Sometimes I'm envious of emptynesters entering retirement, but I realize how fast the time flies - that's not just a cliché.

You have no idea!! It seems like just yesterday my oldest was born... but she's 21 now and a junior in college!!

Then there's the little one who shares my birthday and just turned THREE... man... I was THIS close to an empty nest too!!! :s0112: :D

You still have a great collection. Actually more than you really need. You are about to find out that that there is something much more special than our prized toys. You will have a son that will love you. You will experience a new love yourself, one much stronger than anything you have experienced before. I remember coming home after a really lousy day at work and having my son jump up in my lap and give me a hug. That melted all the days troubles away. Don't try to over analize it all. Just enjoy every moment. :s0155:

First I gotta say my collection looks like yours took a small crap, but that being said I used having a kid as an excuse to get more guns... It helps when my father-in-law and grandfather-in-law not only agree with me but want to transfer some of theirs to there first (Great)Grand-baby, in care of me for a while...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top