JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What the loonie stupid left does not understand is that there is implied responsibility of the moral, educated, responsible armed citizen to exercise massive restraint. With absolute power comes absolute responsibility.

I would go even so far as to suggest, (not demand) that the training, knowledge, implications, obligations, duties. procedures, and maintenance of lethal modern private weapon ownership also be expertly demonstrated

Know your shiet.
This is part of why I've argued that every high school senior not Mentally/Morally Unfit or Conscientious Objector's "Senior Trip" upon graduation should be straight to Basic... complete with an M4, a full brace of 6-7 mags and a 1000-round case of M855 for souvenirs.

When anyone, including gun owners, asks you why we 'need' bump fire stocks, cranks, binary triggers, remember this - the Second Amendment is not about guns - it is about being able to possess and bear any 'arm' that is helpful in fighting tyranny, whether it be foreign or domestic.

That includes but is not limited to firearms with any device that increases the rate of fire.

Bada-BING!

You may have heard me say this before, but maybe this thread topic will catch some people's eye enough to make a point.

The other day I read a position paper by Trump about the Second Amendment being about having a gun for "self-defense".

You have all heard people saying that you don't need an AR or AK for duck hunting or even for home defense.

These people - including Trump (and many judges and LEOs) just do not "get it".

The Second Amendment does not mention firearms.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Notice the use of the word Arms and that it is capitalized.

"Arms", in this context refers to any military weapon - whether a firearm, a knife/sword/bayonet, a grenade or other explosive, mortar, cannon, etc.

The purpose is not hunting or other sport.

"Self-defense" as in personal self-defense, is not really the purpose either, although related.

The purpose of the Second Amendment is to serve as a balance of power.

Before a standing army can rule the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretence, raised in the United States.

Noah Webster, An Examination into the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution (1787), Reprinted in Pamphlets on the Constitution of the United States, Published During Its Discussion by the People, 1787–1788, at 56 (Paul L. Ford, ed. 1971) (1888)

The basic idea being that an armed populace serves as a counter-balance against governmental power wielded by an elected few.

This is why it is so important. No so you can have a duck hunting shotgun, or a .22 for plinking, but rather so that we can remain free.

This is the real reason why so many in power want to restrict private ownership of firearms.

This is also why they want to have background checks and/or other systems that allow the government to know who owns firearms, what kind of firearms they are, and their serial numbers - so when it comes time to confiscate those firearms (or otherwise force owners to turn them in), then they have a record of the firearms, who owns them and who probably owns others - including a way to prove in court that those firearms weren't sold to somebody else.

This is why they portray gun owners as unstable "gun nuts"; to get public support not just for these systems, but to make gun ownership unpopular and not socially acceptable, so that when it does come time to prohibit private firearm ownership altogether, they have the support from the majority of the populace to do so.

This is why they are slowly whittling away at military weapons, especially NFA weapons. And not just guns, but edged weapons, pepper spray, you name it, anything that can be used as a weapon.

You may not own a NFA weapon. You might not be into edged weapons. But the Second Amendment is about all weapons, not just guns. And it isn't about self-defense, it is about freedom from tyranny.

Remember that.

Don't let other people forget it.

Don't let other people say it is about anything else.
gnnAztP.png founding-fathers-800.jpg

This is part of why I've argued that every high school senior not Mentally/Morally Unfit or Conscientious Objector's "Senior Trip" upon graduation should be straight to Basic... complete with an M4, a full brace of 6-7 mags and a 1000-round case of M855 for souvenirs.
Yep I worked with guy's from Poland Norway and many other part's of the world that were required to do atleast 2year's in the military and they where better for doing it in the long run they learned lots of stuff that a U.S.highschool kid or after highschool kid will never know

Yep I worked with guy's from Poland Norway and many other part's of the world that were required to do atleast 2year's in the military and they where better for doing it in the long run they learned lots of stuff that a U.S.highschool kid or after highschool kid will never know
Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking full draft or mandatory service--we're becoming a nation where most are not physically fit to serve, and I had no less than three different items any one of which was a 4F kill me--but just a primer on "If you need to defend homeland or homestead, here's the bare minimum you need to know; now take this rifle and ammo home and train with it every six months and send back your scores, we'll replace whatever ammo you use in that training, and we'll call you and give you more specialized training if and when we need you. In an emergency, most of you are probably gonna be Civil Defense rather than Rucking Up as leg infantry anyway..."

Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking full draft or mandatory service--we're becoming a nation where most are not physically fit to serve, and I had no less than three different items any one of which was a 4F kill me--but just a primer on "If you need to defend homeland or homestead, here's the bare minimum you need to know; now take this rifle and ammo home and train with it every six months and send back your scores, we'll replace whatever ammo you use in that training, and we'll call you and give you more specialized training if and when we need you. In an emergency, most of you are probably gonna be Civil Defense rather than Rucking Up as leg infantry anyway..."
Don't get me wrong but if a kid at 18 year's old can't drive a car can't pack his own backpack can't cook his own dinner with out his mommy then we got a problem but his fat a$$ can sit on a recliner and play war video games all day long drinking MT DEW AND EATING DORITOS ......... WE HAVE A PROBLEM after Doritos comes weed then meth the what ever the kid's in this country have know idea what's going on in are world AND THAT IS A FACT

Don't get me wrong but if a kid at 18 year's old can't drive a car can't pack his own backpack can't cook his own dinner with out his mommy then we got a problem but his fat a$$ can sit on a recliner and play war video games all day long drinking MT DEW AND EATING DORITOS ......... WE HAVE A PROBLEM after Doritos comes weed then meth the what ever the kid's in this country have know idea what's going on in are world AND THAT IS A FACT
1. We have a rising incidence of allergies, and any allergy even if nonlethal is a DQ under present standards. (Strike 1 - severe but not life-threatening seafood allergy.)
2. We have a rising incidence of atypical neuropathologies, people that with careful handling could serve but the Pentagon expects every inductee to be a zero-maintenance interchangeable cog in the Big Green Machine. (Strike 2 - autism spectrum.)
3. We also have fitness standards that are overfixated on Height-Weight Chart and don't look at any other variables like bone structure, musculature, etc. to the point that an NFL running-back wouldn't Make Weight. (Strike 3 - dropping a quarter of my entire body mass, getting to a point where every point of fat going off was replaced by a pound of muscle coming on and STILL "unacceptably over.")

Yes, the needs of the military are specific, but if the population cannot deliver them then they need to adapt to figure out how to do the best they can with the population resources they have to draw from. If 75% are physically unfit for the line, then maybe find ways to use the less-than-ideal-but-willing in support roles like clerks, cooks, Arms Room, etc. so that more of the folks who ARE physically suitable for The Line can be assigned there. You can't pound a square peg into a round hole, but maybe with a little work you can turn that square into an octagon and make THAT fit. :)

And you might wanna tread carefully on the parental references, since I ended up stuck having to be my mother's live-in caregiver due to various medical issues and basically take all of the practical parts of running the household on my shoulders... not all of us who live with relatives are Mom's Basement Parasites.

And I never have liked Doritos, and Mountain Dew was only for an extra caffeine kick when I had classes at ungodly hours of the morning where even the birds were still sleeping. :p (I'm so caffeine dependent that my personnel file specifically had a Bold Text warning right at the top of the first page not to approach me until I was confirmed to have had at least three cups of coffee or equivalent dosage.)

Last Edited:
Actually we do, Federalist Papers #46, written by Alexander Hamilton in 1788 discusses the need for militias and their purpose to protect the state from the federal government and its standing army...

Reading the Constitution and Bill of Rights is good, it's important to know what they contain. The Federalist Papers give the insight into the thought process behind those critical documents.

I would implore anyone who believes the words contained in the Constitution and Bill of Rights to review the Federalist Papers as well...

It'll change the way you interpret those first 10 Amendments...

My man, you are preaching to the choir! What I fear is the majority out there have not and will not read. They will not understand what the value of what our Founding Fathers wrote and their intent. Other than what they can read on Facebook or Twitter, they will not read further.

A dangerous notion. By your logic, they could ban guns because the 2nd is not about guns... As long as they left us pointy sticks our 2nd amendment rights would not be infringed

1. We have a rising incidence of allergies, and any allergy even if nonlethal is a DQ under present standards. (Strike 1 - severe but not life-threatening seafood allergy.)
2. We have a rising incidence of atypical neuropathologies, people that with careful handling could serve but the Pentagon expects every inductee to be a zero-maintenance interchangeable cog in the Big Green Machine. (Strike 2 - autism spectrum.)
3. We also have fitness standards that are overfixated on Height-Weight Chart and don't look at any other variables like bone structure, musculature, etc. to the point that an NFL running-back wouldn't Make Weight. (Strike 3 - dropping a quarter of my entire body mass, getting to a point where every point of fat going off was replaced by a pound of muscle coming on and STILL "unacceptably over.")

Yes, the needs of the military are specific, but if the population cannot deliver them then they need to adapt to figure out how to do the best they can with the population resources they have to draw from. If 75% are physically unfit for the line, then maybe find ways to use the less-than-ideal-but-willing in support roles like clerks, cooks, Arms Room, etc. so that more of the folks who ARE physically suitable for The Line can be assigned there. You can't pound a square peg into a round hole, but maybe with a little work you can turn that square into an octagon and make THAT fit. :)

And you might wanna tread carefully on the parental references, since I ended up stuck having to be my mother's live-in caregiver due to various medical issues and basically take all of the practical parts of running the household on my shoulders... not all of us who live with relatives are Mom's Basement Parasites.

And I never have liked Doritos, and Mountain Dew was only for an extra caffeine kick when I had classes at ungodly hours of the morning where even the birds were still sleeping. :p (I'm so caffeine dependent that my personnel file specifically had a Bold Text warning right at the top of the first page not to approach me until I was confirmed to have had at least three cups of coffee or equivalent dosage.)
Well you had me for a little bit couple of paragraphs but I have my mom living with me and I pay the bills because she can't afford to live on her own anymore but yet the state government and the government in general would rather pay for illegal aliens and drug addicts rather than pay for people that where born in this country and raised in this country and had there whole family serve this country this is where we are I have three uncles and my dad and both my grandfather's that where in the service but if my mom the sister of all of the above has to go to the DSHS OFFICE FOR SOME REASON .oh yeah that's right they make her come in every six months to make sure she's still alive and to decide if there going to give her medical insurance for another six months AND SHE HAS TO SIT IN A WAITING ROOM WITH A BUNCH OF USELESS CRAP THAT DON'T EVEN SPEAK ENGLISH SO BE IT but guess what last month when we went in there was nobody there want to know why because TRUMP the guy behind the desk said when we ask where is everyone .time's are changing there is a new sheriff in charge lol HE CANT BUILD THAT WALL FAST ENOUGH

Doritos to weed to meth lol
Not the average experience but its probably happened

Mom's a desk jockey at a firm I'll just call "Major Defense/Aerospace Contractor," it's just that with her ticker being overstressed to Overcarb Induced Lardbody to the point that she can barely walk from a handicap parking space to a store door... and that's not even getting into the delusions-of-self-importance that "she can't be bothered with little things like the bills because her work is SOOO IMPORTANT"--seriously, back in high school and college I used to have to back her into corners at dinner the night before her mortgage check needed to go out Next Day Air and tell her "you're not going anywhere until you sit down and write that check, unless you'd LIKE to not have a roof over your head any more..."

Fist-bump for Rucking Up and Doing What Ya Gotta Do For Family, @EPS.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top