JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bingo! The Second Revolution HAS begun! WE the People have been empowered because of our B.O.R. to act, and we need to do so NOW more then ever before! Think of it like this, WE are the PATRIOTS of our time, WE have the duty now to protect and defend our rights as free citizens of our great nation, It's time we rise up UNITED for the common goal of casting off the yoke of oppression! WE need to come together as never before, our voices united as one, and take that voice to the highest seat in the lands so that we are heard!!! Our Time Has Come, Our Duty is clear! We NEED a leader NOW!!!
:s0101:

Please explain what these so called "well meaning people" reason for knowing who owns what kind of firearm, how many and the serial numbers of said firearms, if not for the reason of confiscation. Evidence to the contrary of your statement seems to show their true intentions:

Gun Confiscation comes to California

<broken link removed>

New York City confiscating rifles and shotguns

Malloy signs TRO/Gun confiscation law

Dangerous Person Firearms Seizure

2C:25-21d 3 Forfeiture of Weapons Following Domestic Violence Complaint

A little closer to home........
Washington gun confiscation ballot measure wins in landslide

Ray

Those links don't indicate that the guns are being confiscated to upset some perceived balance of (fire)power between citizens and the state. "Forfeiture of weapons following domestic violence complaint" as shown in the link sounds pretty reasonable to me. If someone is exhibiting violent behavior towards their spouse, they are demonstrating the exact lack of control that a responsible gun owner requires.

But the main point: We can see lots of folks think firearms are not appropriate for personal ownership for one reason or another, my thought is that it doesn't mean that it's a ploy to disempower citizens.

I agree 100%, but truthfully we don't know exactly what the person who wrote this was thinking specifically. I'm not saying you're not right, but it's probably a good idea to keep in mind that we are inserting our own understanding on an old document. We have to, in some ways.

Actually we do, Federalist Papers #46, written by Alexander Hamilton in 1788 discusses the need for militias and their purpose to protect the state from the federal government and its standing army...

Reading the Constitution and Bill of Rights is good, it's important to know what they contain. The Federalist Papers give the insight into the thought process behind those critical documents.

I would implore anyone who believes the words contained in the Constitution and Bill of Rights to review the Federalist Papers as well...

It'll change the way you interpret those first 10 Amendments...

The implications are that the private citizen or groups of citizens have the ABSOLUTE RIGHT AND DUTY to be able to, if necessary, throw off a bad government and replace it with something better. Absolute power requires absolute responsibility? Yep!

How far would this go to arm such citizens? Ideally, anything and everything up to perhaps, (perhaps) weapons of mass destruction. "The Family Nukes?" Probably not. But why not private fighting ships and aircraft? Something less?

Why not. Armored vehicles? Artillery? Crew served ordnance? Heavy man portable weapons including shoulder SAMS? Yep. Very scary is it not? Technology has taken us a great distance from the small field piece and privateer warship.

At the least the Second Amendment must guarantee the right to keep and bear anything the reasonable responsible law abiding citizen can afford and train up upon? At the minimum this would include anything he can carry upon his person. Scary is it not?

No. I think that we should have anything that can be manufactured and used again the enemy, both foreign and domestic. A BAR and a Ma Deuce mounted on my roof would be a nice touch. I would like access to four cases of old-fashioned "pineapple" grenades.

(The "pineapples" would have come in handy in confronting the "peaceful" demonstrators that were destroying property in Portland).

Field pieces WERE crew-served artillery. And I'd rather have a modern AFV trying to cross the fenceline than HMS Victory or USS Constitution trying to shell my beachfront...

Besides, with Paul Allen's private Luftwaffe, I want effective means of defense in case he decides he's gonna get an attitude problem with his Nazi Terrorfluegeln.

Actually we do, Federalist Papers #46, written by Alexander Hamilton in 1788 discusses the need for militias and their purpose to protect the state from the federal government and its standing army...

Reading the Constitution and Bill of Rights is good, it's important to know what they contain. The Federalist Papers give the insight into the thought process behind those critical documents.

I would implore anyone who believes the words contained in the Constitution and Bill of Rights to review the Federalist Papers as well...

It'll change the way you interpret those first 10 Amendments...
Take it one step further and read the Anti Federalist papers as well. This answers questions as to why things were not included or why changes were made!!!

Take it one step further and read the Anti Federalist papers as well. This answers questions as to why things were not included or why changes were made!!!
Point well taken... If we are to fight the tyrants, we have to be more knowledgeable then they...

Fight with logic and reason, not emotion...

And if that don't work baseball bats and cinder-blocks seem to get the point across too....

Field pieces WERE crew-served artillery. And I'd rather have a modern AFV trying to cross the fenceline than HMS Victory or USS Constitution trying to shell my beachfront...

Besides, with Paul Allen's private Luftwaffe, I want effective means of defense in case he decides he's gonna get an attitude problem with his Nazi Terrorfluegeln.
I all ready have a breach loading Dalhgren and gun truck/turn table ready to go!!! Just need a Swift Class Cutter to install it on and go on anti raiding patrol!!! Only problem is the 800 or so miles form any real water I gotta deal with! LOL

Those links don't indicate that the guns are being confiscated to upset some perceived balance of (fire)power between citizens and the state. "Forfeiture of weapons following domestic violence complaint" as shown in the link sounds pretty reasonable to me. If someone is exhibiting violent behavior towards their spouse, they are demonstrating the exact lack of control that a responsible gun owner requires.

But the main point: We can see lots of folks think firearms are not appropriate for personal ownership for one reason or another, my thought is that it doesn't mean that it's a ploy to disempower citizens.

Joe Banjo- you obviously haven't read the Wa. St. initiative 1491 you don't have to exhibit any violent behavior, all the someone needs to "SAY" is that you're exhibiting violent behaviors.
Then the burden is on you to prove otherwise!
That is gun confiscation, its unreasonable,and takes away the 4th amendment.
And from the sounds of it you helped vote it in!!!:confused:

Stacy

Otherwise this has been a great thread!!!:s0101:

Last Edited:
When you hear "ar15's are not good for hunting", ask them to whip out their smart phones and google "AR15 hunting pictures", and go to the image results.

When they say they are no good for self defense, ask them why the police use them then? Or why would the Department of Home Land security order thousands of them (except these are the real machine-gun military ones), and call them "personal defense weapons"?

Not just a right - a duty.

It's like a fourth branch - A check and balance on the first 3 branches

An educated and armed population is the failsafe of popular democracy.

Not just a right - a duty.

Duty is not something you inherit or otherwise acquire involuntarily. A duty is a responsibility or obligation - something you incur voluntarily and knowingly.

The right to bear arms is not a duty or obligation. You can choose to exercise it or not.

I am very particular about how words such as duty or responsibility are used because I take those things very seriously.

The left likes to misuse them to assert that I have an obligation to provide other people with the necessities of life - shelter, food, healthcare.

The right likes to misuse them to assert that I owe some kind of patriotic duty to defend my country, to obey my "leaders" and so on.

I disagree with both assertions.

15230700_1183140675099764_8000446024966729715_n.png

I find it absolutely insane that I can carry a concealed pistol but not a fixed blade knife or auto knife in some counties...or that my right to carry a pistol stops at the state border. WTF?

When anyone, including gun owners, asks you why we 'need' bump fire stocks, cranks, binary triggers, remember this - the Second Amendment is not about guns - it is about being able to possess and bear any 'arm' that is helpful in fighting tyranny, whether it be foreign or domestic.

That includes but is not limited to firearms with any device that increases the rate of fire.

What the loonie stupid left does not understand is that there is implied responsibility of the moral, educated, responsible armed citizen to exercise massive restraint. With absolute power comes absolute responsibility.

I would go even so far as to suggest, (not demand) that the training, knowledge, implications, obligations, duties. procedures, and maintenance of lethal modern private weapon ownership also be expertly demonstrated.

Know your shiet.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads