JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a love-hate thing going with that show. On one hand it has some really cool weapons, and the challenges are fun to watch. On the other hand by having eliminations based on voting rather than performance makes it a popularity contest rather than a pure contest of skill. The guys refusing to vote Joe for elimination when he was the only person to fail the Barrett challenge, after he tried to convince them to do the right thing disgusted me. I think the show would be about perfect if instead of voting for elimination they just had the 2 worst performers go head to head to stay each episode. No soap-opera garbage.

I agree, except I'd like to point out that the elimination challenges are skill based, not a popularity contest. Theoretically, if the best shooter was voted to elimination every episode, they could still win it all. Also, the final four were tested on skill alone.

I agree, except I'd like to point out that the elimination challenges are skill based, not a popularity contest. Theoretically, if the best shooter was voted to elimination every episode, they could still win it all. Also, the final four were tested on skill alone.

What you say is true...sort of. In the case of the Barrett challenge the worst performer stayed, and 2 of the better performer's had to face off in elimination challenge. At that point skill decides which one stays, but if skill had been the deciding factor on who went to elimination then Jay and/or Jamie might have made it to the final 4. While skill is still necessary to do well in top shot, it is certainly not a pure contest of skill. Some poor performers get to continue carried by their team/friends, while others more deserving are eliminated. It annoys me enough that during the shows I started to channel surf to try to only see the shooting and not the BS.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top