JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It may have been a little underhanded. But ah...... I know I would have a hard time walking away from $100,000. I think we know George threw it, I think I have to tip my hat to him now and eat a little crow and take back everything I originally felt about the guy. Brian? Did he or didn't he throw it? Don't know. Chris no doubt was good. There was a lot discussed between those guys at the house, so who knows what they all knew about each other. I got a funny feeling George and Chris knew something we will never know and knew Chris could have used the prize money. So with that thought I tip my hat to all three. Fantastic finish! :drink:

I went back and watched it on DVR. I don't think George walked away from the win - I think he choked. Afterwards, he tried to make lemonade and rehabilitate his image.

He didn't miss the plate by a lot, he missed by an inch - and he's not a good enough shot with a double action pistol to be that precise with a miss. Look at his face - he was shocked he missed.

Still not a big fan of George, however, I will tip my hat to him for throwing it. I enjoyed the last episode, found it rather ineresting. I don't think Gunny threw it, he seemed pretty shocked that he was not hitting with the 10/22.

Dont go moving George up your 'Like' list.
Anyone here could have hit that shot. Of course he only missed by an inch but he was probably trying to miss by 10".
He did this in such a way as to bring attention to himself. He very well could have made it look like a legit miss but he wanted the spotlight.
I like Chris. I am glad he won but I would rather of had the best shooter win, even if he was a narcisistic jerk.

Maybe George has been reading his press and thought he should clean up his act a bit.

Glad to see another gal in the 3rd season line up. I think they should try to get more. Some of the best shots I know are women.

I went back and watched it on DVR. I don't think George walked away from the win - I think he choked. Afterwards, he tried to make lemonade and rehabilitate his image.

He didn't miss the plate by a lot, he missed by an inch - and he's not a good enough shot with a double action pistol to be that precise with a miss. Look at his face - he was shocked he missed.

I completely agree.....he choked:s0114:

Yeah, well, I didn't think much of George. I think he could have won. I think he was the best shot of those left. But when the host asked what each three would do with the money, I think he was being genuine when he said that while he would enjoy the money, the other guy actually needed it. Pretty sure he threw that challenge. He made too big a deal about it before he took the shot on the large plate to have missed it on purpose.

Kudo's to you George. You were kind of a punk, but when push came to shove, you seemingly made a stand-up move.

I have to say, if it was not for Tivo, I would have given up on this series weeks ago. Being able to zip to the shooting and bounce over the house bits saved my sanity :)

I don't think the producers understand the target (forgive the pun) audience at all. Most of you here, I am sure, would be more than happy to watch the action and forego the 'reality' BS. It's ultimately a competition, lets watch them compete. If they need to fill out an hour, make the challenges longer/more interesting for TV.

I almost did not care who won really....glad that Chris did because I think he needs it. But if George threw the challenge....then we're not watching a competition and the title means nothing.

Lets just say that if season 3 is just as poorly edited....my Tivo season pass may just get deleted. Sure the shooting is interesting, but I've got better things to do than watch what 'should' be a highly polished and entertaining view of our past time but is, instead, an over sensationalised dramatisation that bears little or no resemblence to the reality they are trying to portray. Yeah! I know, it's reality TV.....but this is the History channel, lets have some real reality...please?

Yeah, well, I didn't think much of George. I think he could have won. I think he was the best shot of those left. But when the host asked what each three would do with the money, I think he was being genuine when he said that while he would enjoy the money, the other guy actually needed it. Pretty sure he threw that challenge. He made too big a deal about it before he took the shot on the large plate to have missed it on purpose.

Kudo's to you George. You were kind of a punk, but when push came to shove, you seemingly made a stand-up move.

A real stand up move would be to play the game correctly, then if you win give Chris the $100k after the cameras are off. This was more about George not losing face by possibly losing.

The show was a disappointment. Too much drama, politics, and favoritism. Not enough fairness, integrity, and real skill. I'm not even really convinced Chris deserved to win after rigging that little alliance of his. I thought he was better than that. Most of the people in the top few spots should have been on the chopping block earlier than they were, and got a few more chances than I think they deserved. And a couple really good shooters were sent home earlier based on single performances. It was sad to see the judging system deteriorate. I guess I'm glad Chris can bring the prize home to his family. *shrug* I don't really think scheming and handouts makes you Top Shot though. JMO.

Ashley was the most annoying for me. His shooting wasn't that impressive, he acted like a d-bag, and his stance bugged the crap out of me. He looked more like he was going to nose-dive into the every target rather than shoot it lol.

I'm looking forward to the next season. I'd like to see more physical endurance and real life challenges, and less trick shooting.

I liked the finale, I think that every single challenge should have been something like that. A few of those challenges seemed a little cheesy to me.
Either way I look forward to next season and hope that they have fixed this buddy system BS.

It stopped being about the best shot long before the finale.

Definately. Red team was all about removing those members they didn't like on the few eliminations they had. And the blue team wasn't much better by going after Jay every chance they had, whether or not he performed. But I guess that's a good way to rack up a whole lot of credit at Bass Pro Shops. :)

Whether or not George thew the pistol shot; I'm iffy on it. He used the pistol double-action rather that single action like Chris did. That *might* have thrown him off a bit. I think still should have hit it at that range though. If he threw that shot, it was so his ego could fed on the last shot, just by having it all tied up and going down to the wire.

I definately think he choked on the last shot with the Sharps. I don't think he has a lot of experience with firearms outside of military so anytime you get him away from scopes, ghost rings, peeps or slot-and-post, he has trouble. And the Sharps has a V rear with a blade front, IIRC.

Either way, George started as a jerk and ended as one. I'm glad to see he didn't make it to the final 2.

elsie

Here's my complaint with how George "threw" the pistol shot. He did it in such a way that he insulted Chris. Had he picked a longer distance/harder shot it would have been more plausible that is was just a miss. However, at 25 feet with a huge target there is no doubt that it was a "gimme". We all know that Chris will put the money to good use. There is no doubt that he is a good family man and a rock-steady competitor. That being said, I know that he would have preferred to lose with dignity rather than to have been "allowed" to win by George. Did George do a nice thing by "letting" Chris win? Yes. Did he do it in a way that made Chris feel good? No, he did it in a way that focussed the attention upon himself, patronized Chris and made a mockery of the "competition". You'll get no argument from me that George is an amazing marksman, but I agree with Bunny--total d-bag.

I don't think Gunny had anything to do with the charade. I think he was just having a really hard time with the 10/22 and the steel targets. Gunny, while taking part in the "get Jamie" campaign (not cool in my book), still seems to have more integrity than George could ever hope to attain.

My $.02.

cb:s0155:

I'm tired of Real Shot or Top Shores or wtf ever you want to call it. They need to get rid of teams all together and just do individual competitions out of the gate. This whole soap opera season was horse bubblegum imho.

I'm tired of Real Shot or Top Shores or wtf ever you want to call it. They need to get rid of teams all together and just do individual competitions out of the gate. This whole soap opera season was horse bubblegum imho.

Well, some of the drama was nauseating for sure, however the successful 'formula' for reality shows includes some human drama. Part of the reason these types of shows have been a hit is because they put seemingly ordinary people in a televised pressure cooker, then show the resulting drama. Aside from Top Shot, I've only seen one other episode of a reality show EVER, and even the juvenile middle-school mentality that this season's Top Shot brought out was better than what I saw.

The most annoying thing for me wasn't the fact that there was some childish behavior, but that one person could drag others down with him to participate in unsportsmanlike scheming. Also remember that we only saw what the producers wanted us to see.

I have a love-hate thing going with that show. On one hand it has some really cool weapons, and the challenges are fun to watch. On the other hand by having eliminations based on voting rather than performance makes it a popularity contest rather than a pure contest of skill. The guys refusing to vote Joe for elimination when he was the only person to fail the Barrett challenge, after he tried to convince them to do the right thing disgusted me. I think the show would be about perfect if instead of voting for elimination they just had the 2 worst performers go head to head to stay each episode. No soap-opera garbage.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top