JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Another Glock.
What's that make, 50 -60 iterations, gens, whatever, now?
More possible versions than a Mr. Potato head.
Mr Potato Head is an old-school 1911 guy.

1680631828647.png

I don't get the need for it. The Glock 42 is a decent little pocket gun and shoots nicely. Less jumpy than fixed-barrel 380s, of which there are many. But the 28 is the size of a subcompact 9mm.
That's what I heard too:
What's the point of buying a new 28 when the Glock 26 is widely available both new and used?
The 26 is the same exact size and capacity, and it shoots a 9x19.

The funning part is I recall everyone whining about not being able to get .380 Glocks, so quit whining, here they are.
That's not how it works. Now they get to complain about Grock not making the longslide, subcompact, slim frame, .45 GAP/ACP/9mm convertible, no rail with optics cut, 28-round flush fit mag, 1.65lb trigger, black adjustable night sights, flush threaded barrel, extra long dovetail slim backstrap and fits in a G26 holster.

I dont use JHP as my primary for any of my carry guns. I use https://shopcorbon.com/Glaser/Pow'RBall JHP performance, FMJ feeding reliability.
^^^Most with a clue avoid hollow point in .380 for SD and stick with FMJs for better penetration, more recently stuff like Lehigh Defense / Underwood is probably one of the better options.

The terminal performance of .380 ACP JHP's is often erratic, with inadequate penetration and inconsistent expansion being common problems, while .380 ACP FMJ's offer adequate penetration, but no expansion. All of the .380 ACP JHP loads we have tested, including CorBon, Hornady, Federal, Remington, Speer, and Winchester exhibited inconsistent, unacceptable terminal performance for law enforcement back-up and off duty self-defense use due to inadequate penetration or inadequate expansion. Stick with FMJ for .380 ACP or better yet, don't use it at all. The use of .380 ACP and smaller caliber weapons is really not recommended for LE use and many savvy agencies prohibit them.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?4336-BUG-s-380-ACP-vs-38-Sp

^^^Most with a clue avoid hollow point in .380 for SD and stick with FMJs for better penetration, more recently stuff like Lehigh Defense / Underwood is probably one of the better options.

The terminal performance of .380 ACP JHP's is often erratic, with inadequate penetration and inconsistent expansion being common problems, while .380 ACP FMJ's offer adequate penetration, but no expansion. All of the .380 ACP JHP loads we have tested, including CorBon, Hornady, Federal, Remington, Speer, and Winchester exhibited inconsistent, unacceptable terminal performance for law enforcement back-up and off duty self-defense use due to inadequate penetration or inadequate expansion. Stick with FMJ for .380 ACP or better yet, don't use it at all. The use of .380 ACP and smaller caliber weapons is really not recommended for LE use and many savvy agencies prohibit them.

True, but the .380 I pocket carry is far better than any gun I do not have on me. I do supplement often, but the .380 has only left my pocket in the last decade+ when going to the airport.

And

I use Lehigh defense for all calibers in my carry line up. I was been particularly and unexpectedly impressed with the performance of diminutive 32 on a levi covered deer neck. The little slug @ 5 feet went through when it didn't hit bone, and tore things up like a buzz saw . I assumed it would only get better for my larger calibers. So far no caliber has had a failure to feed albeit due to the expense, I've not shot more than 40 rounds through each, preferring lower cost for practice.
I should think a .380 would benefit much the same way.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top