JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell was a graduate of BUD/S (Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL) Class 228. He is the only survivor of the fateful events of June 28, 2005 in Afghanistan. Luttrell and three teammates from SEAL Team 10 were assigned to a reconnaissance mission, operation RED WING, in the Hindu-Kush mountain region of Afghanistan. Their objective was to gather intelligence on Taliban movement in the area. Through a series of events, the team was compromised, discovered and outnumbered by over 200 Taliban fighters.

After a battle down the side of the mountain lasting hours, Luttrell's buddies were dead. Luttrell was the only survivor of the SEAL team. Badly wounded, he managed to walk and crawl seven miles to evade capture. In the rescue mission that followed, 16 Special Forces personnel, including 8 SEALs, died when their helicopter was shot down by Taliban fighters. It was the largest single day loss of life in the SEAL team history.

On April 1, 2009, four teenage males approached Luttrell's property and fatally wounded his dog, Dasy, with a .357 Magnum revolver at approximately 1 A.M.

Each letter of the name "DASY" represents one of the fallen members of his team -- Daniel "Danny" Dietz, Matthew "Axe" Axelson, Southern boy (Marcus), and Michael "Yankee" Murphy. She was given to him in recovery to help him through rehabilitation.

Luttrell proceeded to follow the individuals through three counties in his truck -- apparently armed with two 9 mm Berettas -- until Onalaska Police apprehended the individuals. Upon arrest, the suspects verbally threatened Luttrell's life and taunted him. Alfonso Hernandez was arrested on-scene and charged with animal cruelty whilst Michael Edmonds has not yet been charged. On April 7, he turned himself in, was booked, and posted his bail. The other two individuals were not charged. The males are believed to also be behind the killings of other neighborhood canines.

Contact the Walker County Prosecutor's Office if you wanna let them know how you feel about this random killing of dogs for kicks.

David P. Weeks, Criminal District Attorney
1036 11th Street, Huntsville Texas 77340
936-435-2411
FAX: 936-435-2449

String those worthless piles up and let em hang or burn them alive yeah i like that idea but first we beat em.

So beat em burn em and hang em while their still a flaming.

I have no remorse for a pet abuser.......

Or we could always throw rocks at them while their naked and wearing helmets as to not cause to much trauma so we can get in a couple hours of good throwing before they crook like the worthless toads they are. I wish we could send people to he!!, like instead of life in prison we just send them right on down. Save allot of valuable space.

The seal will get them, Death before dishonor but them again im not a seal so i dont know their code.

But i know what my dog aka "SON" means to me and im kinda on the same page as the seal but instead i rescued him 2 weeks after my father passed away and in return im dam sure he saved me. I didn't take my dads death very well and my body shut down needless to say i lost 50lbs and was on my death bed when i got a call from a neighbor of an old friend. She was saying his year old pit was running around and the dog catcher was trying to snag him, so i jumped in my car and rushed over to his house opened the door whistled LEMME BOOZE jumped in and we were out and left it smokey!!!! I started to get better along with the starving new buddy i had!!!! Ive had him ever sense and its been over two years now and were both good and strong now. When i got him he was just under one year and way under weight you could see his ribs and back bones now hes just over 3 and 75lbs of solid tank dog. I dont know what i would do if he was taken from me hes what i live for that my Mom and my Guns.

May that guys dog and his buddys rest in peace. Oh and do the right thing go out and save a dog/pet today!!! if you have room:p

I thought you were going to say Marcus Luttrell died. My heart sank, anybody who read his book Lone Survivor knows what kind of man this is and what he did for his country.
And what kind of piece a trash kills a dog. Something tells me they will have some pissed of seals hunting them down.
I'd ride with them.

My prayers go out to him and his family. And if you haven't read that book I highly suggest it.

"In times of war or uncertainty there is a special breed of warrior ready to answer our Nation's call. A common man with uncommon desire to succeed. Forged by adversity, he stands alongside America's finest special operations forces to serve his country, the American people, and protect their way of life. I am that man.
My Trident is a symbol of honor and heritage. Bestowed upon me by the heroes that have gone before, it embodies the trust of those I have sworn to protect. By wearing the Trident I accept the responsibility of my chosen profession and way of life. It is a privilege that I must earn every day.
My loyalty to Country and Team is beyond reproach. I humbly serve as a guardian to my fellow Americans always ready to defend those who are unable to defend themselves. I do not advertise the nature of my work, nor seek recognition for my actions. I voluntarily accept the inherent hazards of my profession, placing the welfare and security of others before my own.
I serve with honor on and off the battlefield. The ability to control my emotions and my actions, regardless of circumstance, sets me apart from other men. Uncompromising integrity is my standard. My character and honor are steadfast. My word is my bond.
We expect to lead and be led. In the absence of orders I will take charge, lead my teammates and accomplish the mission. I lead by example in all situations.
I will never quit. I persevere and thrive on adversity. My Nation expects me to be physically harder and mentally stronger than my enemies. If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to protect my teammates and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight.
We demand discipline. We expect innovation. The lives of my teammates and the success of our mission depend on me – my technical skill, tactical proficiency, and attention to detail. My training is never complete.
We train for war and fight to win. I stand ready to bring the full spectrum of combat power to bear in order to achieve my mission and the goals established by my country. The execution of my duties will be swift and violent when required yet guided by the very principles that I serve to defend.
Brave men have fought and died building the proud tradition and feared reputation that I am bound to uphold. In the worst of conditions, the legacy of my teammates steadies my resolve and silently guides my every deed. I will not fail."

Here's their code.

"In times of war or uncertainty there is a special breed of warrior ready to answer our Nation's call. A common man with uncommon desire to succeed. Forged by adversity, he stands alongside America's finest special operations forces to serve his country, the American people, and protect their way of life. I am that man.
My Trident is a symbol of honor and heritage. Bestowed upon me by the heroes that have gone before, it embodies the trust of those I have sworn to protect. By wearing the Trident I accept the responsibility of my chosen profession and way of life. It is a privilege that I must earn every day.
My loyalty to Country and Team is beyond reproach. I humbly serve as a guardian to my fellow Americans always ready to defend those who are unable to defend themselves. I do not advertise the nature of my work, nor seek recognition for my actions. I voluntarily accept the inherent hazards of my profession, placing the welfare and security of others before my own.
I serve with honor on and off the battlefield. The ability to control my emotions and my actions, regardless of circumstance, sets me apart from other men. Uncompromising integrity is my standard. My character and honor are steadfast. My word is my bond.
We expect to lead and be led. In the absence of orders I will take charge, lead my teammates and accomplish the mission. I lead by example in all situations.
I will never quit. I persevere and thrive on adversity. My Nation expects me to be physically harder and mentally stronger than my enemies. If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to protect my teammates and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight.
We demand discipline. We expect innovation. The lives of my teammates and the success of our mission depend on me – my technical skill, tactical proficiency, and attention to detail. My training is never complete.
We train for war and fight to win. I stand ready to bring the full spectrum of combat power to bear in order to achieve my mission and the goals established by my country. The execution of my duties will be swift and violent when required yet guided by the very principles that I serve to defend.
Brave men have fought and died building the proud tradition and feared reputation that I am bound to uphold. In the worst of conditions, the legacy of my teammates steadies my resolve and silently guides my every deed. I will not fail."

Here's their code.

The Seals have a code like none other, including the Marines... from a Marine.. Semper FI

As for Hernandez and Edmonds.. I would drop them in the middle of a fire fight with weapons, so they could feel what it's like to shoot at something that shoots back. I fear that if my wife or myself found something like this happening, we would most likely end up in jail.

The only thing I hate more than a animal abuser is a child molester. Maybe my idea for punishment could be fitting for both. Public setting, naked spread eagle, 2lbs fishing line tied in a slip knot around the jewels with a 5lbs weight on the end until the deed is done!!!! takes about a week!!! maybe with that kind of punishment people would really think twice.

Ranger Creed

Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger, fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession, I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high esprit de corps of my Ranger Regiment (or of the Rangers).

Acknowledging the fact that a Ranger is a more elite soldier who arrives at the cutting edge of battle by land, sea, or air, I accept the fact that as a Ranger my country expects me to move further, faster and fight harder than any other soldier.

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be, one-hundred-percent and then some.

Gallantly will I show the world that I am a specially selected and well-trained soldier. My courtesy to superior officers, neatness of dress and care of equipment shall set the example for others to follow.

Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. Surrender is not a Ranger word. I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country.

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight on to the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor.

Rangers Lead The Way!.."All the way!"

This is the official creed that was certified in 1974. There were many versions depending on which Ranger unit you were in which is why they had to make an official one. There's one that the wanna be Rangers that only have their 60 (or old school 72 day) tab from going to school that's different than the true Regimental Rangers such as what I belonged to.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top