JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I thought I would pass this info along to all the other 1911 fans on the board. If you do not already know about him, a guy on one of the other gun forums makes some awesome custom 1911 grips. I have bought so many pairs of 1911 grips in my day (from $50 up to $200 a pair) and I have never found better ones than these...and his prices are low too. Way too low for what you get if you ask me. :)

His website is TheFinerGrain and he has a nice selections of materials from which to choose. Also, I have never had custom grips that fit so well. He really makes them mimic the lines of the gun.

Here are a couple of the "slim fit" grips I ordered from him on a couple of my pistols.

Customgrips.jpg

A closer view. The grain on these are amazing. They look even better in person. :)

CustomgripsClose.jpg

I saw his grips over on the Dan Wesson 1911 Forum - amazing wood, including some stuff I've never seen before.

BTW, I just picked up a DW Bobtail .45 today & am considering whether to upgrade the grips. However, I think the grips that came with it are pretty nice, so not sure yet.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews