Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

The best custom 1911 grips!

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by PlayboyPenguin, Jan 16, 2009.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I thought I would pass this info along to all the other 1911 fans on the board. If you do not already know about him, a guy on one of the other gun forums makes some awesome custom 1911 grips. I have bought so many pairs of 1911 grips in my day (from $50 up to $200 a pair) and I have never found better ones than these...and his prices are low too. Way too low for what you get if you ask me. :)

His website is TheFinerGrain and he has a nice selections of materials from which to choose. Also, I have never had custom grips that fit so well. He really makes them mimic the lines of the gun.

Here are a couple of the "slim fit" grips I ordered from him on a couple of my pistols.

Customgrips.jpg

A closer view. The grain on these are amazing. They look even better in person. :)

CustomgripsClose.jpg

2. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

I saw his grips over on the Dan Wesson 1911 Forum - amazing wood, including some stuff I've never seen before.

BTW, I just picked up a DW Bobtail .45 today & am considering whether to upgrade the grips. However, I think the grips that came with it are pretty nice, so not sure yet.

3. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Wow, those look amazing. Which type of wood is that?

4. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Amboyna Burl...they look even better in person and the fit is amazing. :)

5. Hill

Hill pnw Member

Is he Esmeralda's Grampa? :)