The bench is finally starting to take real shape!

Ironbar

Reactions
Tonight I installed the last (until the next upgrade) of the Rockler T Track system on my bench.
1605839284575.png

I bought some ¼" T Track bolts which fit perfectly through the base of the Inline Fabrication Ultra-Mount. I then use four Rockler screw down cam-locks on each corner, and everything is absolutely rock solid!

1605839501161.png

With the tracks in place, I can loosen the cam-locks and slide the press out of the way, or even remove it from the bench altogether. I'm also going to make mounting plates out of plywood so I can mount other tools to the track system as well. This system also leaves it wide open for adding a progressive press when the time comes!

Lesliet

Reactions
That looks like a sweet system! How did you make the grooves for the track, and how is the track secured in the bench?

OP
Ironbar

Ironbar

Reactions
That looks like a sweet system! How did you make the grooves for the track, and how is the track secured in the bench?
I carefully measured, then I clamped a long straight edge to the bench and ran my router with a ¾" straight bit set at 3/8" deep. I then gently tapped in the track with a wood block and hammer, and attached the tracks to the the table surface with bugle head machine screws all the way through. I used fender washers and lock nuts underneath. I did this because the table surface is made of two sheets of ¾" MDF glued together, and I didn't want any screws pulling out of that MDF when I apply force to the press handle.

Reactions
Nice job with the T-track, thoughtfully engineering it into the reloading addiction is a plus, it will catch much spilled powder & primers.:D
Quite a few years ago when T-track became available to us minions, I built a dual station router table and used it. It was the best jig I made for WW projects, loved the router for many applications.;)

UPCOMING EVENTS

Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA
Rimfire Challenge May 8th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic Customer Service!
    Recently, they helped my lady transfer a pistol to a family member in CA. Most FFLs would have told us to pound sand when we mentioned where we...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    One of the best!
    I have bought from online and in person. Great store, he had things I did not know were needed. I try and recommend Highline Firearms to people I...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    The only gunsmith I'll use
    Tim has done a few projects for me and the result is always the same. Amazing. End of story. From complete refinish to custom machining, Tim is...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    great work refinishing my 27 year old 1991 a1 compact colt .45
    Tim did a great job making my gun look brand new again and replacing the old parts inside. Super Happy!!
  • Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just a transfer but a great one. A+
    Came here today to meet another forum member to buy a Glock. Was the best transfer I've had the pleasure of doing. Even though I was just there...
Top Bottom