JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Also, the whole "let's redefine 'manufacture' to include cutting down screws so even a home gunsmith is at risk of having to register under ITAR and pay out the arse every year"... ask @Velzey about it.

ITAR needs to die in a fire along with all who seek to weaponize it.

Also according to ITAR, just something as innocent as showing @tac or my girlfriend (a "Not US Person") a photo of your new build with ITAR Restricted parts is subject to being considered an ITAR violation as a "Deemed Export." It is THAT insane. Yes, maintaining control over transfers is important, but the State Department's been allowed to run wild and turn it into their private extortion racket with no oversight.

Another example: Elcan optics are made in Canada, IIRC not far from where my girlfriend lives. She can buy one cash-and-carry up there, but if I let her use one on one of my rifles during a day on the range together, despite the optic never leaving US soil or my control and her being a citizen of the country it was imported from that's an "export."

ITAR in theory is a good idea, but in fact is usually used as a weapon to harass little guys who can't afford to fight while the big monster megacorps *stares pointedly at McDonnell Douglas's illegal export of seven-axis CNC mills to Russia in the 1980s* get either a walk or a slap on the wrist.

It's a verifiable fact that the ATF under the Obama administration brought us favorable rulings on things like bump stocks, pistol braces and binary triggers, while Trump is ORDERING his ATF to declare accessories illegal.

Actually, the 0bama administration ATF was the one who stated that if a person "shouldered" a pistol with a brace, it magically became an SBR. The ATF changed that ruling under Trump.

https://www.sigsauer.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/atf-letter-march-21-2017.pdf

Ray

I think that this law will become a national law, every single state will fall in line with the other ones, it will FLY through and be presented to President Trump.

The left and right can salivate all over each other for some more feel good GUN law.

I believe that President Trump will sign it too.

I believe that this law should NOT be passed for many of the reasons already posted across the WWWeb and R/L/! news. Throw in those pesky words from the Constitution/Bill of Rights too.

Individual states already HAVE and HAD the legal means and LEGAL POWER to deal with whack-a-doodles, citizen criminals, illegal aliens who are criminals because they are NOT in our country legally whether they used a GUN to commit a crime or used some other method to do the dirty deed, etc.

LOOK at all of the cases where something could have been done from the gitgo to STOP the criminal murderer filled with evil intent when it came to small and large murder cases whether someone used a GUN, a knife, a bathtub, a truck, a car, etc.

How much FEDERAL MONEY = TAXPAYER MONEY is each city, county and/or state getting PAID if they pass the latest red flag law?

Cate

Red flag laws...While I understand the "good intentions" of the idea...
"All bad precedents begin as justifiable measures"...As someone much wiser than me once said.

The potential for abuse outweighs any benefits that may occur , with the often vague wording of these laws.
Andy

Although Trump gets heat for bumpstock ban and red flag comments, let's follow the money.
Trump is not a gun guy. He depends on advisors. NRA is an obvious SME with political clout. NRA more than willing to sacrifice said device, even goes as far as taking credit for telling the ATF they should never have been approved.

Who would you listen to?

I'm sure the NRA is also supportive of Red Flag laws.
Taking guns from crazy people before they use them only "makes common sense" after all.
They see the potential of all the money they can raise as soon as it crosses a line of improper application. They are the defender of our rights don't ya know!
Keeping themselves relevant, employed, secure and highly compensated for another decade or two.
Those that say the NRA is playing chess, you are correct. They are just not playing it to win for US.

The proponents are employing emotional arguments for keeping guns 'out of the wrong hands', as per usual. No matter how it's written, no matter how well intentioned, the law of unintended consequences will apply. I think many R's will get on board with this, thinking it's a bone to throw towards Dems. This will not end the shrieking, and it will not appease gun grabbers any better than any of the other gun control compromises that have been made over the course of the the last 100 years.

theylive2.jpg
7650e194b516f0189f2ad331c735dc13-d3959vd.png
hqdefault.jpg

Trump may not be a hunter or a gun guy. But his sons are Big Game hunters. Google it?
I agree. They want silencers off the NFA list too, but.......read the tag line.
d8YDbDyi?format=jpg&name=144x144_2.jpg
Photos: Donald Trump's Sons Awesome At Killing Elephants And Other Wildlife
Animal rights activists are revolted by a series of trophy photos that have emerged showing Eric and Donald Trump Jr. posing with a dead elephant, kudu, civet cat and waterbuck while on a big game...

gothamist.com
kUuht00m_bigger.jpg
@cher Old story, one of which I publicly disapproved. My sons love hunting, I don't.

Last Edited:
Rubio got put on blast:

What the actual Bill Says:

Again, Rubio is full of bubblegum! According to language in the actual bill, something like having too much to drink could now put you in jeopardy of losing your right to bear arms.

The actual language in Rubio's bill says judges will consider as relevant evidence:

"(aa) a recent threat or act of violence by the respondent against himself or herself or others;

"(bb) a threat or act of violence by the respondent against himself or herself or others in the past 12 months;

"(cc) evidence of a serious mental illness;

"(dd) a previously issued extreme risk protection order or a violation of a previously issued extreme riskprotection order;

"(ee) whether the respondent has been convicted of a crime of domestic violence or other violence;

"(ff) whether the respondent has used or threatened to use weapons against himself or herself or others;

"(gg) the unlawful use of a firearm by the respondent;

"(hh) the recurring use or threat of use of physical force against another person or stalking another person;

"(ii) corroborated evidence of the abuse of controlled substances or alcohol by the respondent;

"(jj) relevant information from family or household members concerning the respondent; and

"(kk) witness testimony taken while the witness is under oath relating to the matter before the court;

In that same article at the bottom:

NRA Yet Again roles over and Backs Red Flag Gun Control!
nra-678x356.jpg
This really shouldn't be a shocker for anyone who reads articles on this site, but the Spineless bastards at the NRA who helped push the bump stock ban late last year, are yet again helping the government push another piece of gun control legislation. Backed with millions of fund-raising dollars from gullible funders who believed they were supporting a firearms rights organizations, the NRA has yet again screwed their members and decided to back these gun confiscation orders.

Late last year, Chris W. Cox, executive director of the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action, put out a statement endorsing "red flag" gun confiscations: "We need to stop dangerous people before they act," … "So Congress should provide funding to states to adopt risk protection orders."

Gun Owners of America and the National Shooting Sports Foundation have voiced concerns over red flag laws. Late last year, Gun Owners of America put out a statements saying:

"If a person is truly so dangerous that he must be separated from his firearms, it's illogical to still leave him active in society. Removing firearms does not stop violence."

Worse yet, gun confiscation orders are suggesting we take away an individual's constitutional right without probable cause of a crime having been committed — much less conviction of a crime.

It's absurd to take away a Constitutional right by predicting future action. What in the Bill of Rights is so fragile that a judge can remove it by playing "thought police," claiming that you might misuse it in the future?"

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads