JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I say Trump uses 2A as a bargaining chip. It will never personally affect him one way or the other so he doesn't care.

The NRA will support this in order to pander to groups that hate them. One thing we can do is force their hands and make them prove their claims.

While I generally favor the Electoral College, I fully support prohibiting presidents from pardoning themselves.

Presidential self pardon is much ado about nothing. IMO.

Can't pardon his/herself from an impeachable offense, nor federal crimes constitutionally.

As to any thing else committed prior to being elected? Well, there has not been a case of such, again AFAIK, however given people's vehement dislike towards those of other parties. If the elected was a true criminal, then they shouldn't have been elected in the first place.

Seems millions, perhaps entering into billions of dollars have been spent going after folks in higher office over the last 50 years. Nixon resigned, Clinton was impeached by the house.

What about the 5th Amendment? I wonder how any of this gets through in the first place, given how it cannot pass constitutional muster at any level! I know, just ram it through any way, catch as many as you can before it gets shot down in the courts and criminalize as many in the process as possible!

I like his expression for nay-sayers, "you're living in a bubble."
This one doesn't take action, it offers funding (and thus, leverage) to enact ERPO laws in the remaining 37+ states. As such, it "looks good" while doesn't immediately take guns. Confiscation will be the "trickle down" net effect.
If our Congress were fiscally responsible, this would not even make it out of committee. "Here, we're going to spend money we don't have to make more law-abiding citizens into criminals."
From experience, I can say that lies will be told, and many rights destroyed by such laws. The hearings are a joke, the ensuing legal attempts to recover due process costly, and statistically speaking, no crimes will be averted or lives saved.
Now, if they were to enact ERPO like laws to take horrible drivers out of the driving population, or hack doctors out of the medical profession, I would speculate that 2 to 3 orders of magnitude (e.g. x 100 or x 1000) more people would be saved.
It's about control, cloaked as good by virtue signalling, self serving parasites.

What about the 5th Amendment? I wonder how any of this gets through in the first place, given how it cannot pass constitutional muster at any level! I know, just ram it through any way, catch as many as you can before it gets shot down in the courts and criminalize as many in the process as possible!

1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th who's counting, just number.

@Ura-Ki, you would be right to think that, but our court system which is supposed to back rulings on such issues based off guidance given by written laws and the constitution, is now dictated by people who believe that pandering favors and political views are more important than laws or constitutions. They will whittle away at every amendment inside of the constitution as it suites them by doing just what the Third Circuit Court did and calling them second rate amendments. Mark my words, this attitude won't stop at the Third Circuit Court. Eventually you will hear this blasphemy spewed from the mouths of Supreme Court Justices. Once those words come out of their mouths, kiss your amendments/constitution goodbye.

No one ever believes me when I say you can't trust politicians - regardless of party; they always want to believe that their party, the people they vote for, are telling the truth. NEWS FLASH! They are telling you the lies that you want to hear!

WAKE UP PEOPLE! :rolleyes:

The fox is being allowed to write laws for the hen house to decide which hen to eat. A patriot recognizes that dinner is him and scurries to his feet.

The Whig and the Tory party eventually joined hands to become Redcoats under King George.

Red flag indeed. Maybe not as they intended. They cannot legislate away a RIGHT but they can violate them just like any other criminal would.

A saying I heard many years ago:

"One may as well be shot for a wolf as a lamb"

There's a good possibility that this bill will make it through both the house and senate (due to the anti's on the left and the Fudds on the right) and once it does, make no mistake, Trump will sign it, all the while cheesing for the cameras with a big schit eating grin on his face and Schumer's goodies dripping from his chin.

Trump's already proven that he is more than willing to eviscerate the 2A by executive order by magically turning an accessory into a machine gun and was signalling the anti's that day (video clip above), that he is willing to do the same legislatively. Trump is every bit (possibly more) as anti-gun as 0bama, so I'm more worried about the next couple of years, than what's beyond that and you should be too. God only knows how many more anti-gun laws and/or edicts that he will push through in the next two years.

Ray
It's a verifiable fact that the ATF under the Obama administration brought us favorable rulings on things like bump stocks, pistol braces and binary triggers, while Trump is ORDERING his ATF to declare accessories illegal.

Obummer gave is ITAR restrictions far more damaging to us then accessories bans. Obummer gave us Fast and Furious, Obummer armed over 70 agencies and gave them powers of law enforcement beyond their charter and job description, and other naughty things, and while he self proclaimed hisself greatest salesmen, he did his share of damage against the 2nd!

How much damage would Killory have done?
Knowing full well that she would not get things through the parties, she would have done it through Executive Orders, and we would be in a world of hurt today, she openly declared that the constitution is a living document, and that no one should have weapons of war, and that no one should have a gun for personal protection!

All this hate on Trump because he isn't a politician or a member of that Good Ol'boys club, thay he threatens them with their corruption, and openly accuses them of chrome-issm! Remember his promise to drain the swamp, that didn't sit well in the swamp, thay was seen as a threat to the status quo of those running the swamp!

This latest from Rubio is a slap across the face not only against Trump, but of you and I, the American people, it's a political stunt, grand standing for party favor and votes!

Obummer gave is ITAR restrictions far more damaging to us then accessories bans. Obummer gave us Fast and Furious, Obummer armed over 70 agencies and gave them powers of law enforcement beyond their charter and job description, and other naughty things, and while he self proclaimed hisself greatest salesmen, he did his share of damage against the 2nd!

How much damage would Killory have done?
Knowing full well that she would not get things through the parties, she would have done it through Executive Orders, and we would be in a world of hurt today, she openly declared that the constitution is a living document, and that no one should have weapons of war, and that no one should have a gun for personal protection!

All this hate on Trump because he isn't a politician or a member of that Good Ol'boys club, thay he threatens them with their corruption, and openly accuses them of chrome-issm! Remember his promise to drain the swamp, that didn't sit well in the swamp, thay was seen as a threat to the status quo of those running the swamp!

This latest from Rubio is a slap across the face not only against Trump, but of you and I, the American people, it's a political stunt, grand standing for party favor and votes!
Itar was to limit export of military and defense equipment exactly how did this effect our 2A rights. The constitution is for US citizens.

Itar was to limit export of military and defense equipment exactly how did this effect our 2A rights. The constitution is for US citizens.
ITAR is a two way street, it restricted importation of firearms and parts/accessories further, and it did a bunch of other bad things to us! We had one hell of a discussion on here about it when it first came down!

ITAR is a two way street, it restricted importation of firearms and parts/accessories further, and it did a bunch of other bad things to us! We had one hell of a discussion on here about it when it first came down!
Not being very specific. The same gun could if desired be made in the US if it was desired. So to me this is a red herring
Itar again impacts your rights how?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads