JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To me, these laws are a violation of innocent until proven guilty. Not even considering guns, they are horribly horribly wrong.

They violate the very nature of our country and constitution.

This is "the line" as far as I am concerned. Not sure what to do about it.

Dems wont get anything thru the Senate. Gun owners get screeeeewwed by both parties. This shutdown will set a record unless dems cave on the border wall. Trump gets 4 more years, we go from bump stock bans to mag limits to feature bans to fudd guns with NRA helping write the legislation. At some point the econ crashes, a scheiss storm like none seen yet is unleashed, and things get uglier than Kathy Griffin after a 3 day bender...

Rainbows, puppy dogs and sunshine for all!

To me, these laws are a violation of innocent until proven guilty. Not even considering guns, they are horribly horribly wrong.

This is "the line" as far as I am concerned. Not sure what to do about it.

Of course it violates the individual's right to Due Process; but what do rights have to do with anything as far as these would be despots are concerned.

This legislation is unlikely to pass through Congress and even if it does, President Trump will certainly veto. But sooner or later, the balance of power will shift in favor of the ruling elites.

We all need to remember that our Constitution is a very unique document. There aren't many documents like ours. Many countries have Laws that make the individual the one who has to prove they are innocent. As an example, England doesn't have any granteed Right to own a firearm.

This legislation is unlikely to pass through Congress and even if it does, President Trump will certainly veto. But sooner or later, the balance of power will shift in favor of the ruling elites.

Really....................?

This is the same guy who banned bump stocks.

Ray

I don't disagree, but executive action and legislation are very different. Trump could certainly cave on this, but I'm far more worried about whoever may hold office in six years and beyond.

There's a good possibility that this bill will make it through both the house and senate (due to the anti's on the left and the Fudds on the right) and once it does, make no mistake, Trump will sign it, all the while cheesing for the cameras with a big schit eating grin on his face and Schumer's goodies dripping from his chin.

Trump's already proven that he is more than willing to eviscerate the 2A by executive order by magically turning an accessory into a machine gun and was signalling the anti's that day (video clip above), that he is willing to do the same legislatively. Trump is every bit (possibly more) as anti-gun as 0bama, so I'm more worried about the next couple of years, than what's beyond that and you should be too. God only knows how many more anti-gun laws and/or edicts that he will push through in the next two years.

Ray

There's a good possibility that this bill will make it through both the house and senate (due to the anti's on the left and the Fudds on the right) and once it does, make no mistake, Trump will sign it, all the while cheesing for the cameras with a big schit eating grin on his face and Schumer's goodies dripping from his chin.

Trump's already proven that he is more than willing to eviscerate the 2A by executive order by magically turning an accessory into a machine gun and was signalling the anti's that day (video clip above), that he is willing to do the same legislatively. Trump is every bit (possibly more) as anti-gun as 0bama, so I'm more worried about the next couple of years, than what's beyond that and you should be too. God only knows how many more anti-gun laws and/or edicts that he will push through in the next two years.

Ray

Good post. At least we knew where Obama stood; Trump is totally unpredictable.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top