Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ted Nugent might run for NRA president

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by jrc99, Jan 30, 2009.

1. jrc99

jrc99 Fairview, OR Member

I'm guessing I'm putting this in the right place? Otherwise...

Ted Nugent Ready to Battle Antigunners for the NRA
    January 30, 2009 02:03 PM ET
    By Paul Bedard, Washington Whispers

Barack Obama jumped over a bunch of longer-experienced presidential candidates to win the White House, so will that pattern take at the National Rifle Association? It might, considering rocker and hunter Ted Nugent's popularity among NRA members. We hear that the Nuge is being urged to get into the race, and a key NRA insider tells us: "He does have a grass-roots following." That's for sure. The singer of "Cat Scratch Fever" fame and 23 albums is being promoted on Facebook. While Nugent is an NRA board member, he doesn't have the type of top slot in the organization normally needed to springboard somebody into the presidency. Even Charlton Heston, who played Moses in Hollywood, worked his way up to the presidency.

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/washing...-ready-to-battle-antigunners-for-the-nra.html

This would be sweet! :rockon: :rockstar:

2. fingolfen

fingolfen Oregon Member

Now that I'm a full life member - maybe I should run for the board too... :D

3. jrc99

jrc99 Fairview, OR Member

w00t! :thumbup:

4. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

Rock on Ted. :rockstar:

5. dragonsden73

dragonsden73 Salem, Oregun Active Member

GO TED GO!!! Did y'all know he carries on stage? I watched him start to pull out a small revolver out of his front right pocket in Las Vegas...in fact it was this show....

3A.jpg

6. Doubletap

Doubletap Newberg Well-Known Member

7. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

Well they are both radicals so it's a good fit, I suppose.

8. bmw2

bmw2 Mount Vernon, Wa Active Member

While I'm a big fan of Nugent and his stances on hunting and gun control, we don't really need a figurehead that appeals to us gunners. Someone who appeals to the anti crowd is far more useful to our cause.

9. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

...then again, someone who is not afraid to call them out (the anti's I mean) on the stupidity of their so-called "commonsense" gun laws might not be such a bad thing either. :thumbup: