JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My First grader comes home with tooth says I lost my first tooth. (boo ya) its been loose for a few weeks. I said so you pulled it? NO went to a second grade teachers room. She pulls loose teeth. Said there were (edit)10-5:winkkiss: kids in line to get there loose tooth pulled. unless its falling out leave my kid alone.

Just think parents need to know before they pull teeth. GRRRRRR :complain::complain::complain::complain::complain::complain::complain:

UPDATE:cool:

I talked with Principal of the school.

I told him what had happened and why I was calling.

He said sorry and I was 100% RIGHT that a teacher (Not a nurse) would do this. Said teacher should NOT be pulling teeth. I told him in other words (I'm calling for the dads that wont MAN UP and stand up for what they believe is right.) He said they should of called me.

I know seems odd a dad caring for his child .

I said im not mad at you or the teacher she was not hurting the kids. But not telling parents is messed up. at least she wore a glove.

MORE OF STORY>::::::: 5 kids from her 1st grade class got together and walked to another second grade class . Not directed by teacher,My daughter said my friend said lets go get out teeth out and went. Don't know how the teachers are not in on it with 5 kids gone. My guess they don't really keep tabs on them they wonder around:)
One girl while in line pulls her own tooth:( Overachiever )4 other girls including herself get teeth pulled. She changed her glove and gave 3 paper towels for the blood. Back to class they go.

At least they wont be pulling teeth anymore....

Last Edited:
good lord when I went to school the teachers beat us with sticks.

If you kid was bleeding after a fall from the swings would you want to see the teachers medical license before they put a little Neosporin and a bandaide on the cut?

MAN UP so what the teacher helped your kid. gee's

:s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155:

If you kid was bleeding after a fall from the swings would you want to see the teachers medical license before they put a little Neosporin and a bandaide on the cut?

Man a nun beat my *** LOL. Nasty penguin.

Then she took my wallet in fifth grade to get my dad's phone number and it was stuffed with condoms hahaha - they were falling out everywhere. I was a little businessman I tell you, not to mention a monster headache for any teacher unlucky enough to have me.

Bought rubbers for .25 and sold them to kids for $5 so they could act cool. Mean nun was less than impressed though. Extra strokes with ruler ensued.

I was the only paperboy making $800 a month in the 70s (most made <$50). I had my billing book reprinted to bump the price up by a dollar per account and I kept it, for four years. In appreciation of my scam (lol, not really), William Shatner himself gave me the 'paperboy of the year' award at Oaks Park as part of some BS 'celebrate Oregon' event.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

How does the Op's concern for his childs welfare and wellbeing make him un manly? Is it the fact that he can take care of his own child without un wanted intervention from a second grade teacher maybe, is that what makes a panzy?

On one hand, I could understand a parent's reflexive instinct to be mad that a teacher ripped a tooth out, however I really think a teacher yanking loose teeth isn't a big deal.

Kids get hurt, the teacher didnt hurt the kid, they gave them assistance. I personally take issue with the fact that teachers have to walk around peoples kids on egg crates because so many parents are ready to freak out about petty crap(btw I dont think there was 10 kids lined up to have teeth pulled, that may have been a bit of a tale your 6 year old told you)

Oh really, well when I was in junior high I zipped my self up in my fly and after the worst pain in my youg life I realised I cant get lose.us So I run to the school nurse , There was a real nurse in our school the way it should be now, But any way she gets me out and gives me ice and I layed on a cot for 20min and back to class I go. No call home im ok, no prob. The problem our society is haveing now was brought on by everyone wanting to get rich by slapping a lawsuit on each other. If that happened to a poor kid now it would be 30 min till an ambulance got there . Come on people relax!

Pulling teeth is for a dentist. BUT didn't your kid's teacher extract a lose object from your child's mouth before she potentially choked on it?
If you wanted to take care of it or are interested in the tooth fairy coinage, perhaps addressiing it sometime before "its been loose for a few weeks" might be considered. Have your string and door knob ready sooner next time, or perhaps discussing the merits of the "tooth fairy" incentive program with your child might be in order.

Its a fine line but my position is I'll teach my kids dicipline, work ethic ect. I'll give them a lunch and the teachers can teach them the given subject matter , pretty easy. Half the people these days want the schools to be doctors, dentists and surogate parents (nanny state) and feed them for free. My kids wont accept a trophy for just being on the team or second or third place. And the big shocker they don't believe everything they are told in school they are taught to be critical thinkers.

Thanks, the first thing I though and was glad you said it. Being offended is a choice.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top