JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok, just an aside here. Giving first aid is different from pulling a tooth. Rendering first aid is required by law for schools to do. Pulling a tooth can be considered practicing dentistry without a license, as it is a medical procedure, and is a criminal offense. If the principal doesn't correct this, he would become liable for any infection/bad outcome that ensues.

I can see the principle and a few teachers sitting in the lounge, laughing their *** off, when the principle tells them about your phone call ...
Reminds me of the movie it's a wonderful life. After George balls out a teacher, and later her husband punching George in the face. hahahaha.
You should have sent a thank you card to the teacher, along with a gift card for dinner someplace.
Your reaction to the teacher doing your daughter a favor just shows how far our society has degraded to. I grew up in a poor mining community. It was realy a leave it to beaver type of place. A time when every boy had a pocket knife, yes in school. There was a rifle club in high school. They had M1-Grands donated by the CMP. Opening day of deer season was a school holiday.. It's too bad you younger folks missed all that. I do agree that teachers should be properly dressed. Sport coat and tie. A button up blouse for the ladies, and a sweater. Are you an active member of the PTA? Do you know your childs teacher? Ever talk to her about how your child is doing? Have parent/teacher days? Top complaining, and get involved.... just sayen.

Sheesh..
When I was in school the teaches threw erasers at you, physically pulled you out of your seat and could paddle you. If you were in a Catholic school a ruler across the knuckles was common my wife says. Now all this namby-pamby PC stuff is even showing up here!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

There is only one correct post, besides the OP's comments.

Practising Dentistry without a License is the charge. And there should be No Exceptions to that! Neosporin & a Bandaid upon a banged up knee is not even in the same ball park as extraction of a tooth. And that First Aid, should be done by a School Certified Nurse. Period.

Second, the teacher should be written up for violation of appropriate dress code violation.

They want the big bucks, and speak that they are Professional's, well dress that part. Appropriate Clothes are part of that Profession. If she is indeed a Hippy, so what, but leave your lifestyle at home, Dress and Speak appropriately, in a Business Manner.

With all the political correctness going on in schools, this issue is a No Brainer. I do not believe in 99% of PC, but Denistry is within that One Percent. Any one see complications, like if student panics and bites teacher.... ????? Good, she had New Gloves per student, but why is she stocking such, in her class room, Worse, Why Does She Think (questionable term there) That SHE has a Right To pull teeth????

and all this Man Up talk???? My reply, if I was OP: "My Child, My Responsability, STFU..." And I seldom use that phrase....

philip,
something must be in cyber world, lots of questionable replies on this one.... Slow day????

Is this thread for real?

geez.....have some cheese?

When I was a kid, you'd get sent down to the principals office and get paddled with a paddle the woodshop teacher built. I know times are different, but why not take a little personal responsibility as a parent and quit teaching your kid to be a sheep?

It's simple.. teach wants all that sweet tooth fairy loot for herself, is making a rocking voodoo altar comprised of children's teeth and or DNA sequencing the smart ones into a superlib for the good of the state.. or all of the above.. I mean, the kid is state property and all.

My wife pins our screaming kid down and yanks those suckers.
When I was a kid, my dad would tie floss to the tooth then to the door knob and slam the door.
I kind of think people worry to much these days.
Oh and when your kid falls on the ground, let them pick themselves up. Unless you want a pansy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top