JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Man a nun beat my *** LOL. Nasty penguin.

Then she took my wallet in fifth grade to get my dad's phone number and it was stuffed with condoms hahaha - they were falling out everywhere. I was a little businessman I tell you, not to mention a monster headache for any teacher unlucky enough to have me.

Bought rubbers for .25 and sold them to kids for $5 so they could act cool. Mean nun was less than impressed though. Extra strokes with ruler ensued.

I was the only paperboy making $800 a month in the 70s (most made <$50). I had my billing book reprinted to bump the price up by a dollar per account and I kept it, for four years. In appreciation of my scam (lol, not really), William Shatner himself gave me the 'paperboy of the year' award at Oaks Park as part of some BS 'celebrate Oregon' event.

View attachment 41066

Burt - for someone so "anti-government" you sure have this capitolism thing down pat!!

:s0112:

Might as well take advantage of whatever opportunities come your way............

I got my a$$ beat so many times when I went to school the Principle and Vice-Principle each had a paddle, with holes drilled in it, that had my name on it. I was raised by my mother and Dad wasn't around. I believe that that the discipline I received throughout High School, at High School, kept me from crossing the line and becoming a wart on the a$$ of society.

It's time to stop coddling our children. The lack of discipline is the reason why our youth are so out of control. My opinion, for what it's worth.

hmm, how loose was the tooth? I think we need more details. Did the teacher really 'pull' it out, or maybe it fell out upon the mouth being opened. Not guilty.

but seriously: is it a big deal? not imho

it is a parents right to be concerned about their children? of course

good lord when I went to school the teachers beat us with sticks.

If you kid was bleeding after a fall from the swings would you want to see the teachers medical license before they put a little Neosporin and a bandaide on the cut?

MAN UP so what the teacher helped your kid. gee's

Is it the teachers decision to pull your child's tooth? No, it is the decision of the parent. When you were beaten with sticks I'm sure your parents were aware of it and were ok with it. If the parents were told when the child enrolled that they would pull teeth, and the child's tooth was pulled, then sure, no problem. Just as I'm sure your parents were aware of the type of discipline you would be receiving in school, it was a non issue.

A bandage being applied to a scraped knee is not comparable to pulling a tooth. There is nothing immediately "wrong" with a loose tooth, unlike if a child is bleeding. It is not necessary to pull loose tooth in school, that can wait until the child returns home.

Being a new father I want to be around when my kid looses his first few teeth. Its an experience I want to be present for. If I am aware of a "tooth pulling policy" when I send my kid to school, I will tell them to leave my kid alone. If my kid comes home with teeth pulled without my consent, we will have problems.

I'm confused.

Did the teacher make the kid submit to a tooth extraction or did the kid go voluntarily and "ask" to have the tooth pulled?

If the first, then i would be pissed too. If the second, then be pissed at your kid, not the teacher. People need to learn from day one to take responsibility for their own actions and not pass the buck.

If your kid came up to me and said "slap me in the face!" I would likely comply. Just sayin'

adults should know its not right. SHE is the tooth teacher guess kids of all ages are invited.

unless I sign paper, shes licensed bonded and insured . LAY OFF my kid . WHO is paying the bill if it got infected?? (ME) I will be telling my girl to not go there in future. I think i can make my own choice .

good lord when I went to school the teachers beat us with sticks.

If you kid was bleeding after a fall from the swings would you want to see the teachers medical license before they put a little Neosporin and a bandaide on the cut?

MAN UP so what the teacher helped your kid. gee's

I must have had the same teacher..

I cant figure out why some feel a kid losing a "baby" tooth is a procedure that needs a Dentists attention. Its part of growing up, and they are made to fall out on their own. Well almost on their own. It is a bit strange for a teacher to have removed the loose tooth but I feel some teachers pay more attention to the kids than some parents. I am not saying this is the case here just some teachers really do care about their students.

Just read your "update"

The fact that you called the principal is exactly what i'm talking about. Your kid and some others (possibly under peer pressure) went to the teacher and asked to get pulled.

If your kid succumbs to peer pressure in the future and snorts some coke, it isn't the dealer's fault. Every human has the ability to make his/her own choices. Shame on you.

Where do we draw the line of what we expect from teachers? Think back to your childhood days and try to remember any teachers that you had. Any stand out? If they do, I imagine it is because they went beyond the minimum required by standards and had some sort of positive impact in your life. Most teachers want nothing more than to have a meaningful impact on their students lives and to prepare them for the next academic level. I hope my kids will have a compassionate, caring teacher when that time comes. This current culture discourages teachers from making meaningful connections with their students and giving them individual help or extras to foster their learning. Pretty soon it will be a cold, clinical instructors doing the bare minimum in an attempt to avoid getting sued.

Is it the teachers decision to pull your child's tooth? No, it is the decision of the parent. When you were beaten with sticks I'm sure your parents were aware of it and were ok with it. If the parents were told when the child enrolled that they would pull teeth, and the child's tooth was pulled, then sure, no problem. Just as I'm sure your parents were aware of the type of discipline you would be receiving in school, it was a non issue.

A bandage being applied to a scraped knee is not comparable to pulling a tooth. There is nothing immediately "wrong" with a loose tooth, unlike if a child is bleeding. It is not necessary to pull loose tooth in school, that can wait until the child returns home.

Being a new father I want to be around when my kid looses his first few teeth. Its an experience I want to be present for. If I am aware of a "tooth pulling policy" when I send my kid to school, I will tell them to leave my kid alone. If my kid comes home with teeth pulled without my consent, we will have problems.

RIGHT ON!

Just read your "update"

The fact that you called the principal is exactly what i'm talking about. Your kid and some others (possibly under peer pressure) went to the teacher and asked to get pulled.

If your kid succumbs to peer pressure in the future and snorts some coke, it isn't the dealer's fault. Every human has the ability to make his/her own choices. Shame on you.

SO the teacher is the drug dealer my girl took the drugs and I pay the drug dealer with my tax dollars to teach not to deal.

Haven't you heard? Under Obamacare and in cooperation with the teachers union, the teachers will be compensated for every tooth they pull to make up for the lost 3% contribution they might have to contribute towards their own retirement fund in the year 4014.....Ha, just kidding. There's no way in hell any teachers union would agree to having to pay for their own health care or retirement fund. They know they're entitled to more of our tax dollars for their own comfort and pensions while screaming that the money is for the children and brainwashing your child to stage a walkout while holding a kleenex to their bloody socket and carrying a sign protesting any budget cuts.

SO the teacher is the drug dealer my girl took the drugs and I pay the drug dealer with my tax dollars to teach not to deal.

I understand your opinion, i just have a different one!

Maybe the drug simile wasn't great, but my point is your kid made the choice. (i know, first grade so their decision making skills are non-existant)
Now is a great chance to start the talk of "don't follow other kids" and "always ask me (the parent) before doing anything like this" etc.

I agree the teacher shouldn't have been tugging loose teeth, but the only thing i would do in a similar situation is go in and talk to the teacher myself and tell him/her that what they're doing is out of line and that they should be contacting parents for permission.

In hindsight of my original comments, i suppose the age group of the child is too young to place blame there but i'm just so damn tired of people not being held responsible for their own actions.

When you look at the situation it seems kinda harsh. But when you really think of it she was only trying to help...

A parent of my daughters class point out the woman to my wife that did the pulling when she picked up our child at school. A hippie that shows off her silver dollar nipples with no bra , all day to her class in tee shirt..LOL good grief. :s0114: AND NO wont be calling to tell her to wear bra. haha

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top