JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mine too! I thought man, I am part of the elite! :D I lost it in a bankruptcy caused by divorce. I had $0.00 owed on it and Amex said, too bad, so sad, we cancel you. I thought that was bubblegumty since I did not even include them in the bk. :rolleyes:
My divorce 20 years ago from a spend-a-holic wife required me to file chapter 7 bankruptcy on the advice of my lawyer in order to get untangled from her massive debt. I've since more than recovered 100 times over through some wise and lucky investments (AAPL). One of the cards that took a hit was an Amex card for about $5K. My lawyer advised that I COULD NOT pay them off, even though I wanted to. Ever since then, on the two occasions I have applied for a new Amex card they have refused unless I NOW pay them the $5K that was discharged in Chapter 7. They won't put that in writing, but they have stated it verbally. This is skirting the bankruptcy and consumer protection laws. It's unlawful and unethical. I don't want or need their card anymore. I have a dozen Visa and MC cards with high limits and no carryover balances, and can live quite nicely without Amex.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top