JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Maybe Chicago’s top cop has the wrong target

Almost 20 years after then-President Bill Clinton pushed the idea of “midnight basketball” courts as strategy to curb inner city violence, last night’s shooting of 13 people at a Chicago park in what appears to be a gang-related incident, suggests that it’s not working out.

<broken link removed>

They should have been stopped from day one. The problem is the left uses them for insane political gain and LE uses them almost as job security.
Gangs need to be stomped out of existance.

It's almost as if the PD's of gang-ridden cities view gangs as a religion whose feelings must be considered when asking them nicely to not flood the streets with dope and shoot each other or innocent bystanders. Meanwhile, they all collect a Social Security check as able-bodied young men.

Of course, statements like that somehow take the spotlight off of the murderers and put it on "racists" that would blame the gang members for shooting up the town, not Whitey, who of curse forced them into the ghetto.

Chicago is so disgusting it isn't funny.

What amazes me is it is not hard to spot or find these gangs, they stand on street corners selling drugs for gods sake. I could see it if all this was hidden from view but it is not, they brazenly stand out and yet nothing is done about it. Just like tweekers, all you have to do is find all the lights on in a house at three A.M. with half done projects littering their yard. Had one next to my shop, never seen a soul all day till about six P.M. then all kinds off traffic, people wandering around and guys place looked like a junkyard. They would siphon gas from customers cars and leave trash in the parking lot, call the cops and they would say nothing we can do about it unless caught in the act. I told them how can you catch them if you never come out to check? They never got busted, but thank god they had the house foreclosed on and moved. I cannot understand why they let this stuff continue, guess it is easier to stop someone for going five mph over the speed limit.

The mayor goes on air crying about illegal guns and assault weapons. He needs to go on air crying about gangs and getting the police to "nut up" and put an end to the gangs. How about dealing with the endless breeding for welfare and poverty.

We as a society enabled todays youth to become the problem. Little Johnny shoplifts, no no, bad boy, slap on the wrist. Well that did not hurt so little Johnny burglarizes the neighbors home, no no bad boy don't do that, no punishment or consequences. So he goes on to steal a car, rob a convenience store, and again, no no Johnny, bad boy. Without consequences for their actions, they will keep committing more and larger crimes. Time for some 'tough love'. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying lock em up and throw away the key. Maybe weekends in lock up, or picking up trash or pulling weeds. And step up the punishment with each offence. We are not doing the kids any favors with our current practice of coddling them. Many do not get the support and direction they need at home, but we, as a society, are adding to the problem by not doing something meaningful about it. If you want to stop the violence, you need to attack it at its roots.

A target rich environment...
We are becoming surrounded in our neighborhoods...
ChestyImage11-300x223.jpg
............................:s0114::s0114::s0114::s0114:

They won't because the smart people will be worried about killing as many innocents as bad guys and also know that the full force of the FBI would be on the case if local law enforcement wasn't. It's a lose=lose proposition.

Look, give me a copy of my local area LE database on gang-members and a 2-week window with no interference and no investigation of those two weeks, I'll "solve" our local gang problem.

But I'm not gonna murder everyone I see wearing bad taste in clothing nor am I willing to spend the rest (very short bit) of my life in prison to kill a few punks. they anger me, but I don't live in the hood. They don't directly affect me. Why the Hell should I fry? My chances are better just defending myself if needed.

We've effectively disarmed most of the "good guys" living in the hood. What? felony marijuana posession charge that would have been a misdemeanor if you'd had $2k to spend on a real lawyer? -No guns for you. did a crime 20 years ago and have been a GG ever since? Too bad for you, (most states don't offer remedies and the Feds don't AT ALL). what? You live in Chicago? We'll prosecute you 10000 times more aggresively than if you were a drug dealer if you use a gun in self-defense. (Witness Zimmerman.)

We're screwed. I swear to god the best thing that could happen in this country would be for every member of the bar and the LE community to take a well-announced 4-week break from their duties. The people would clean it up. But not when it comes at the price of a destroyed life.

The mayor goes on air crying about illegal guns and assault weapons. He needs to go on air crying about gangs and getting the police to "nut up" and put an end to the gangs. How about dealing with the endless breeding for welfare and poverty.

Except when some gang-banger gets deservedly shot, his mommy and the rest of the family comes out of the woodwork crying about what a "good boy" he was. (Rarely is there a "daddy" to comment...) Then the papers get on it and the community flogs the cops.

Some looser gets shot for being a threat and it's the guys that did the community a favor who take the heat.

The whole thing makes me sick.

Agreed, 110%!

"Well, All right, Crypts, Bloods, and the rest of you SOB's!... You called down the thunder. Well, now you've got it! You see that? It says "United States Marshal."... Take a good look at that dead SOB!, Tooky!, because that's how you're gonna end up!... The GANGS are finished, you understand me?! I see a red neckerchief, I kill the man wearin' it! So run, you Gangs! RUN! Tell all the other Gang Members the LAW'S coming! You tell 'em I'M coming... and Hell's coming with me, you hear?! Hell's coming with me!

Wow. You don't get out much.:)... 1st of all its Crips, and it is called a doo rag by them that wear that item on their head. They wouldn't recognize neckerchief
Just in the interest of accuracy. Otherwise...good quote.

Brutus Out

Wow. You don't get out much.:)... 1st of all its Crips, and it is called a doo rag by them that wear that item on their head. They wouldn't recognize neckerchief
Just in the interest of accuracy. Otherwise...good quote.

Brutus Out

And YOU don't get out much. Because the crips and bloods are 20 years out of date. Try MS13, the surenos or nortenos, then I'll think you have anything remotely like a clue.

Except when some gang-banger gets deservedly shot, his mommy and the rest of the family comes out of the woodwork crying about what a "good boy" he was. (Rarely is there a "daddy" to comment...) Then the papers get on it and the community flogs the cops.

Some looser gets shot for being a threat and it's the guys that did the community a favor who take the heat.

The whole thing makes me sick.

Earlier this year, D. Workman, himself, characterized this very phenomenon as that of being the "trying to turn his life around," type. In some respects, it is shameless.

Well, when teens dress like gang members, we are told we "don't understand their culture".

I don't need to understand a culture to spot a gang banger. Skinhead, Mexican, Black, Vietnamese, TRASH IS TRASH.

Actually it Is a culture thing. 3/4 of the people I see in Yakima County (INFESTED with gangs) that the average person would call "gang-banger" based on dress, aren't actually associated with gangs.

Every kid wearing a hoodie or a Raiders jacket or baseball cap flipped to one side isnt' a gang-member. In fact the vast majority aren't. Gang-bangers tend to keep it a lot more low-profile than that MOST of the time, and they have things like the lining of their jackets or their shoe-lace color to "represent," except in fairly limited circumstances in their own little areas.

I'm pretty good at spotting wheat among chaff, but I can't pretend to be anything like even 80% accurate based on appearance alone.

What amazes me is it is not hard to spot or find these gangs, they stand on street corners selling drugs for gods sake. I could see it if all this was hidden from view but it is not, they brazenly stand out and yet nothing is done about it. Just like tweekers, all you have to do is find all the lights on in a house at three A.M. with half done projects littering their yard. Had one next to my shop, never seen a soul all day till about six P.M. then all kinds off traffic, people wandering around and guys place looked like a junkyard. They would siphon gas from customers cars and leave trash in the parking lot, call the cops and they would say nothing we can do about it unless caught in the act. I told them how can you catch them if you never come out to check? They never got busted, but thank god they had the house foreclosed on and moved. I cannot understand why they let this stuff continue, guess it is easier to stop someone for going five mph over the speed limit.

It is certainly more profitable & Safer to write tickets to folks who will pay them $$$$$

What amazes me is it is not hard to spot or find these gangs, they stand on street corners selling drugs for gods sake. I could see it if all this was hidden from view but it is not, they brazenly stand out and yet nothing is done about it.

I just ran across this article this morning. All I can say is Holy Bubblegum!!!! It's no wonder their crime is so rampant in the city. The politicians scratch the gangs back, and get favors in return.

just thought i would point out that the words gang and militia are synonyms. this would of course protect being a member of a gang under the second amendment. that being said, going after criminals should be a high priority but blaming the idea of a group cannot and should not be done unless they are a group of criminals. its important to remember that many gang members have joined a gang to be protected and many do not commit crimes (or are not acting immorally) other than assault and battery as far as he police are concerned. the biggest problem in areas where the gangs are dangerous is the fact that police are deeply lacking trust from people and protection only comes from their gang; and patrols are reduced allowing more crimes to occur.

reducing guns should be far from part of the solution and criminals should be hunted but saying being in a gang makes you a bad guy is not accurate. youll have to be careful not to have an opposing view to your own opinions Dave.

Criminal streets gangs exist for the sole purpose of committing crime, ranging from assault to drug-dealing to murder. And I'm not aware of anyone joining a gang for protection, other than protection from violence at the hands of the gang they joined.

Since the vast majority of people living in even the most gang-infested areas DON'T join gangs, I think your argument falls flat on it's face.

Also, a militia is just dumb. Seriously, everyone I've ever met involved in any kind of militia group is either a delusional political wackjob or a delusional wanna-be commando. Join one or don't, at least militias aren't routinely murdering a dozen people over a weekend. I think they're pretty silly, but have at it if that's your idea of fun.

Try to say the same thing about gangs or gang-members with a straight face.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top