JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Any tailor with any experience on the job is going to have zero issue and best they know the exact purpose of your request. They may offer some insights/options you my not have considered.

Up front, make sure you are dealing with an actual tailor though and not just someone who does alterations. They will be the most informative and set you up with the "extras" you are likely going to want. Like reinforcing the area you plan to carry in, possibly waistband grips to help your shirt stay put (and remembering your shirt will also need to be sized for carry), etc.

I think it's pretty common to just wear your EDC and/or mag holder as you normally would for measuring. Semi-autos, take in an empty mag to replace your loaded mag after clearing it for measuring.

One other thing to consider is if you are often in suituation where you are unable to carry... you'll want another set of pants fitted for non carry or alternative carry days. IE., OWB, shoulder...

A hint for those of us who don't wear a suit regularly or have the money for a custom clothing tailor job.

Surplus ex-military coats (from Europe) will sometimes have a built in pocket for such purposes. Though, you might not like the size of the pocket. I suspect that maybe mine was made to fit a Makarov (yeah, the PPK/s fits).

But also consider the weight. So, maybe one of those newer plastic fantastic 9mms?

Not stylish enough or maybe it just looks too military?

OK, so maybe change the buttons.

Aloha, Mark

i've never run into tailor that wasn't a total pro at their work.

it's a job where you see people all day and have your hands all up their business. these guys have seen it all.

i've been to a few different tailors to have uniforms fitted. i came in with vest and backup gun and had exactly zero issues.

don't make more of it than it is.

i will say that having clothes tailored properly makes a huge difference how you look and feel.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top