JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First off, Yeah I know. I hate the word tactical, that is why its in quotation marks but it seemed to be the simplest way to convey what I was asking.

I have bought a couple of .22 suppressors and thought it would be fun to have a high quality .22 bolt gun and I would like something that has the feel of a full size chassis. I would want something with a factory threaded barrel, preferably heavy barreled and was capable of shooting better than I can shoot it.

Is there something out there that fits the bill?

Something structured something like the top one in the picture except in .22LR

coolt01big.jpg

I bought a Savage MK2 and it has extraction issues that Savage can't fix.
Also, don't thread a .22 rifle with a front style tube magazine, because you can't reload without removing that hot suppressor.

The new Ruger American in .22lr would be a great choice. I have one with a simple Nikon Scope on it, and it can shoot way better than I can. They can be purchased with a threaded barrel.

It also takes the standard 10/22 magazine.

http://ruger.com/products/americanRimfire/specSheets/8301.html

I truly enjoy mine.

Just a thought......
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The world is full of Kings and Queens, who blind your eyes, and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell.....

I like the idea of the Ruger and the 10/22 magazine but I am really hoping to buy something that is a little higher end.

The Savage actually looks closer to what I was thinking, but the unfix able extraction issue does not inspire confidence and again its kind of at the bottom end of the quality range I was hoping for.

A bit more digging around and I think this may be exactly what I am looking for.

The question then becomes can I find one :)

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-455-va...y-22-lr-16-bbl-5-rd-mag-black-laminate-stock/

Man it is really dumping here in Seattle. We are getting real rain for the first time in quite a while. I would guess today's precipitation will be several inches

It's hard to beat a CZ! Great quality, though I'd go for a sporter. Another route could be a .22 target rifle from days gone by. A Winchester M-52 for instance. They're expensive at gun shows but pawn shops are full of them. One in good shape can literally drive tacks! Good luck, Monster!

I shot an email to Brads guns and he said he could get me that CZ for $370 plus tax and it was in stock.

I think that sounds pretty hard to beat.

Do your suppressors handle .17 HMR? If so there are several nice rifles available with threaded barrels. Also a Boyd's stock on nearly any rifle makes for a nice sturdy base for about $100. I plan on getting one for my Marlin 17 HMR.

I'm keeping my eyes out for when Ruger makes their rimfire in stainless.

Lots of good bolt action 22s out there.

OP should consider a non tactical looking rifle since there are lots of great Marlins, CZs and Savages that shoot really well but lack a bull barrel.

Like mentioned above, a stock swap could assist the Tactical look.

I have a CZ 452 UltraLux that I just love. I've shot 1" groups with it at 100 yards a few times with American Eagle CPHP 38 gr. The action is very smooth and the trigger is great. Wood looks really nice too. I say buy the CZ and don't look back. You will be very pleased.

You want a Savage MKII

y368Zlzsj_1fzw1fMb3.png
Then you want to buy a Boyds Pro Varmit stock

1G203.jpg Stock used to be called a Tacticool stock.

Do not worry about one or two mentions of problems with the MKII's they sell zillions of them and yes once in a great while there is a problem.

I have one of the MKII FVT's their full on three position target peep sight heavy barrel models and it is amazingly accurate.

I took a Tacticool stock and built it into a full on target/varmint stock. With adjustable pull and butt angle, It has an adjustable Cheek piece as well as a full length accessory rail under the fore stock.

http://photo.net/photodb/presentation?presentation_id=568618

17435896-lg.jpg
17435850-lg.jpg

I would second the FVSR mine is a tack driver with target/Subsonic ammo and cycling the action is loader than the shot when using the suppressor.
The FVSR is a cheap accurate rifle that with a little modification can have a 1lb trigger pull like mine and not cost a dime.
Heck I liked the MKII FVSR enough I got one of the 93R17 FVSR so I have twins and sooner than later will most likely have triplets when I get the 22 mag also.

I have a fancy target 10/22 with a threaded barrel

That Savage is interesting but looks to be quite a bit more money than the CZ.

I'll have to do some more reading

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads