JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a fancy target 10/22 with a threaded barrel

That Savage is interesting but looks to be quite a bit more money than the CZ.

I'll have to do some more reading

They have a slightly less 'tactical' version too - with the threaded barrel. You could always add a different stock later:

y368Zlzsj_1fzw1fMb3.png

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...ts_id/71899/Savage+MKIIFVSR+22LR+THREADED+BBL

Bud's has this model available for $236 with the threaded barrel. You could always make it more 'tactical' a piece at a time.

A shooting pal of mine who is the UK importer for Desert Tech had the definitive 'tactical' .22 bolt gun built for him with -

1. AI folding stock., as in the genuine AI article

2. Custom-made/modified Hall action and Border barrel.

3. All the doo-das - the spiffy bipod, muzzle-brake and so on, to make it look just like an AW, but in .22, including a full-size magazine with a .22 internal set-up.

4. Cerakoted.

Cost was just shy of $9000, and then he put a PMII on top.

That made it a very pricey .22 that shoot almost as well as any of my $50 BSA Martinis.....

tac

I ordered the tacticool CZ this morning. Price was right. $402 including tax and fees. It may not be what I end up with but it seems like a great start

A shooting pal of mine who is the UK importer for Desert Tech had the definitive 'tactical' .22 bolt gun built for him with -

1. AI folding stock., as in the genuine AI article

2. Custom-made/modified Hall action and Border barrel.

3. All the doo-das - the spiffy bipod, muzzle-brake and so on, to make it look just like an AW, but in .22, including a full-size magazine with a .22 internal set-up.

4. Cerakoted.

Cost was just shy of $9000, and then he put a PMII on top.

That made it a very pricey .22 that shoot almost as well as any of my $50 BSA Martinis.....

tac

Yikes! I've got about $500 total into my build - not including the scope. With the right ammo and skillful trigger pulling it makes one ragged hole at 50 yards, good enough for me. I did splurge a bit on the scope, mainly because I wanted this rifle to be a mil system trainer.

I ordered the tacticool CZ this morning. Price was right. $402 including tax and fees. It may not be what I end up with but it seems like a great start
I hope the CZ is like most the ones I have seen
I was going to suggest if you decide on the Savage,definitely go handle one first. The quality that I have seen from Savage lately isn't very impressive.

Now that the fun part is over, go and get some decent ammo for that new toy.

Well I have a case of CCI standard velocity stuff and a couple of bricks of PMC sub sonic here at the house for use with the suppressors. That maybe not be "decent" but it is plentiful and cheap.

Well I have a case of CCI standard velocity stuff and a couple of bricks of PMC sub sonic here at the house for use with the suppressors. That maybe not be "decent" but it is plentiful and cheap.

There are very inexpensive trigger kits for the CZ (and it's already a pretty good trigger) but I found that with a 73 cent spring from the hardware store I was able to make mine adjustable from 0 to 3 pounds. I never go much below 1. If you want to bring it up North sometime I've got a wide selection of precision ammo including some Ely. We could see what she likes the best. You may want to check out RimfireCentral.com. The CZ forum there is full of very helpful folks. They have threads on stuff like playing with torque settings on the action screws to tighten up your groups, glass bedding and so forth. This could keep you entertained for a long time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top