JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Police chief says 'no' to no-questions-asked gun buybacks

The police chief of Tacoma, Wash., turned thumbs down to the idea of holding a "no-questions-asked" gun buyback program, and the argument he used was virtually identical to the one offered by a leading gun rights advocate during a Thursday editorial board meeting with the Seattle Times regarding Initiatives 591 and 594.

<broken link removed>

How can the gov't "buy back" something they never owned in the first place? None of my guns was ever owned by any section of the gov't.
The press needs to quit referring to them this way!

How can the gov't "buy back" something they never owned in the first place? None of my guns was ever owned by any section of the gov't.

It sounds more palatable and warm and fuzzy to the uneducated than "voluntary confiscation" or "turn in" or any other more accurate name?

The government thinks they own everything to begin with including you. You are simply borrowing it (land, money, etc.) until replaced by the next tenant, i mean inquilino.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top