JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Or it could be that time you did the following:

I enlisted. I learned that the military was not for me.

Not that I was a trouble maker (not intentionally - at least not without good intentions). Just that I do not respond to authority well, especially when authority itself is stupid and hypocritical.

Also, 50% of the junior enlisted were stupid kids just out of high school, who had not matured yet - so that was frustrating, even though I was only 5 years older than them. I was glad when I got out. While I did some good while in the USCG, I would never go back (even though it appears the CG has improved), and I still hold some grudges against my then "superiors" and even the others who were not senior to me, for the stupid things they did that were unnecessary.

The smartest thing I did was not listen to the Master Chief (who had never spent one year of his adult life as a civilian until he retired - he enlisted when he was 17) trying to tell me how much harder civilian life was than the military, and that I should re-enlist. I wasn't shy either about telling others why I would not re-enlist - that did not make me popular with the senior enlisted.

Lets just say, it may or may not have involved a couple cans of spray paint along with some special hand made stencils, and may or may not have used those materials to decorate a certain airframe I may or may not have been seen flyin in a time or two several ( more then 5 years ago, statute of limitations and all) years ago while deployed to a certain country some where hotter then Nevada in the summer! I might or might not have been pretty proud of said work, especially as so many folks got to see it, and even earned a certain older airman a special enduring nick name among those he was glad to serve with!
:D :p :D

I super glued a boot ensign to a toilet seat when he was blasted. Good times.

Then there was that one time I made a USMC Master Gunny lose his chit at a pistol range. I'll have to tell that story some other time. My @$$ is still sore 30 years later from the chewing out I got. I'm pretty sure that's the cause of my hearing loss. The sheer volume the USMC installs with that rank is amazing. :s0001: :s0001:

Last Edited:
I super glued a boot ensign to a toilet seat when he was blasted. Good times.

Then there was that one time I made a USMC Master Gunny lose his chit at a pistol range. I'll have to tell that story some other time. My @$$ is still sore 30 years later from the chewing out I got. I'm pretty sure that's the cause of my hearing loss. The sheer volume the USMC installs with that rank is amazing. :s0001: :s0001:
BAHAHAHAHA

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top