JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds like a potential 4th amendment violation. I have a feeling this will get challenged very early on. And they do need to consider if it's used to detect guns or knives, it could be used to detect drug paraphernalia, and perhaps other things the lefties don't want found on their person. This is dangerous tech no matter what your political leaning.

^^^ That was my thinking too. Can a cop legally scan you...or a group of people...without either probable cause or a warrant? Is an electronic scan equivalent to a physical search.

^^^ That was my thinking too. Can a cop legally scan you...or a group of people...without either probable cause or a warrant? Is an electronic scan equivalent to a physical search.
They can pat you down if they have a reasonable suspicion that you are doing something illegal. So they would probably try for that precedent, which scares me.

What is worse is that it can get into worse hands.

Interesting. This is not X-ray or anything of the sort. Nobody, not even the most hard core lefties, would unleash radiation generating devices into the hands of the great unwashed masses. This is SONAR which also means it has low penetrating power and basically looks for outlines and bulges in the return image and then tries to match them to weapon outlines. It can be spoofed if you know what frequencies you need to make noise on. Electronic warfare is on.

Interesting. This is not X-ray or anything of the sort. Nobody, not even the most hard core lefties, would unleash radiation generating devices into the hands of the great unwashed masses. This is SONAR which also means it has low penetrating power and basically looks for outlines and bulges in the return image and then tries to match them to weapon outlines. It can be spoofed if you know what frequencies you need to make noise on. Electronic warfare is on.
th?id=OIP.fdyL-Ur1p9nZZpQ_RVm6awHaFf&w=290&h=215&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.jpg

It's not sonar, the company states that it uses RF imaging, sonar uses sound. RF (assuming they're telling the truth) puts it somewhere between 20kHz 300GHz. The principle is similar to sonar, but it's not sonar.

I'm wondering how this thing works, is it zapping everybody in range with x-rays, or is it just doing a visible search (seems unlikely). I want to see independent health study results on it.

That aside, new market for lead lined clothing?

Probably Hall effect - the same as traffic sensors or metal detectors. Anything electrically conductive induces a current in the sensor. But it cannot discern shapes, just amount of electrically conductive material. So a large belt buckle would probably set it off, but probably not a cell phone. It won't tell them you have a gun, just enough metal on you to be a gun - so expect some false positives and they cannot search you without your permission.

I doubt stores would buy this for regular scanning of everybody; it would require someone walking around scanning everybody and dealing with the fallout. OTOH, they might buy one for security personnel in large stores to deal with troublemakers.

Probably Hall effect - the same as traffic sensors or metal detectors. Anything electrically conductive induces a current in the sensor. But it cannot discern shapes, just amount of electrically conductive material. So a large belt buckle would probably set it off, but probably not a cell phone. It won't tell them you have a gun, just enough metal on you to be a gun - so expect some false positives and they cannot search you without your permission.

I doubt stores would buy this for regular scanning of everybody; it would require someone walking around scanning everybody and dealing with the fallout. OTOH, they might buy one for security personnel in large stores to deal with troublemakers.
Well they did mention that it produces an outline of the person being scanned, so it seems like they are getting shapes.
A featureless outline of the person being scanned is displayed, instantly alerting agents to location and type of concealed weapons or explosives. Royal Holdings employs artificial intelligence (AI) to quickly crosscheck and verify weapons and explosives with its securely maintained cloud-based database. In addition, built-in facial recognition operating in real time compares suspects to watch lists for positive identification. SWORD operates globally and features real time location sharing and generates real time alerts in the event of a mass shooting, terror threat, or terror attack.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top