JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Device Now Let's Smartphone Users Scan A Person For Concealed Firearms From Up To 40 Feet Away

snippet:

In the very near future, be prepared to be a target while out and about as a concealed carrier. While these devices are likely to be purchased by big companies and government agencies at first, I can see them interfering with the daily lives of law-abiding gun owners in the very near future.

The company is called Royal Holdings, and the device is named SWORD. In a nutshell, the device can attached to a few different model smart phones that are already available. With this connection, the user can scan people in real-time to see if they are concealing firearms, weapons, and other items that they are looking for.

Imagine walking into a store to see someone scanning you from 30 feet away with their phone, only to tell you that you'll have to leave because firearms aren't allowed at that particular location.

They say that the device will most likely be used at places such as large events and the like, but what's to stop them from popping up at our local stores in the coming years? As of right now, their website allows pre-orders from businesses. Maybe I'll try to snag one.

Oh, it also has face recognition software.

I'm wondering how this thing works, is it zapping everybody in range with x-rays, or is it just doing a visible search (seems unlikely). I want to see independent health study results on it.

That aside, new market for lead lined clothing?

Bring stuff in the shape of a firearm that's not a firearm.
Make them adhere to their rules, overwhelm them with compliance.
Also sounds potentially like pacemaker disruptive equipment, or RF frequencies that require disclosure.
Anyone look up the patent on this, if there is one?

I'm wondering how this thing works, is it zapping everybody in range with x-rays, or is it just doing a visible search (seems unlikely). I want to see independent health study results on it.

That aside, new market for lead lined clothing?

There is so much RF in the air these days that it wouldn't make any real difference.

That's coming from working with RF for a decade and that was 9 years ago, it's only gotten exponentially worse since then.

But most folks get great reception on thier cell phones now...:confused:

I'm going to call it busted, creating this for public consumption has to many red flags, I think the ACLU would even call B.S. being used by the GOv, keep in mind the new red army is forming and these would make that harder so, doubt it will becoming anything.

But can it tell the difference between someone's concealed pistol/knife and someone's insulin pump or colostomy bag? :eek:

Well some makes of weapon are real bubblegume ya know!

There is so much RF in the air these days that it wouldn't make any real difference.

That's coming from working with RF for a decade and that was 9 years ago, it's only gotten exponentially worse since then.

But most folks get great reception on thier cell phones now...:confused:

Mmmmm, I've been working with RF since 1970, I still seem to have all my DNA and cell structures intact. However, there was that time in the Avionics shop that I had the 500W SSB HF transmitter coax that I straddled and my balls peeled the next day... I guess I was shooting blanks that night!! o_O:rolleyes:

Well some makes of weapon are real bubblegume ya know!

Mmmmm, I've been working with RF since 1970, I still seem to have all my DNA and cell structures intact. However, there was that time in the Avionics shop that I had the 500W SSB HF transmitter coax that I straddled and my balls peeled the next day... I guess I was shooting blanks that night!! o_O:rolleyes:
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Sounds like a potential 4th amendment violation. I have a feeling this will get challenged very early on. And they do need to consider if it's used to detect guns or knives, it could be used to detect drug paraphernalia, and perhaps other things the lefties don't want found on their person. This is dangerous tech no matter what your political leaning.

I bet right now that this is vaporware and will never see the light of day. If it does appear it will be garbage quality. $1K+30 a month? By the way, this is Barry, the CEO

Untitled.png

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top