JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The tube is the usual part that is engraved. You can replace any part of the silencer except the tube, as long as you pay another $200 tax or send it to a licensed FFL/SOT class 2 for parts replacement. You can make repairs that do not involve parts replacement, changing bore size or lengthening the tube. I have hammered out baffle strikes on two of my cans that I made.

The only parts an unlicensed maker can replace are wipes, and only after the originals have been destroyed. You can never have any kind of extra parts available as a non-FFL/SOT. Yeah it sucks to be us.

Here is an FAQ written by the ATF. It is how they currently interpret the law. They recently changed how they define machine guns, so beware. ATF Online - Firearms - Frequently Asked Questions - National Firearms Act (NFA) - Silencers

Ranb

They recently changed how they define machine guns? When? Please post new definition?

i don't have a link, but as i recall, they broadened the wording to specifically include semi-autos that are malfunctioning.

so you'd better carry a cutting torch with you in case your weapon ever doubles.

Read up on the Akins Accelerator. They originally said it was not a machine gun because it fired one round with each function of the trigger. Later they said it was a machine gun as it fired more than one round with each function of the trigger finger.

No change in the law, just a change in how the ATF interpreted it.

Ranb

Read up on the Akins Accelerator. They originally said it was not a machine gun because it fired one round with each function of the trigger. Later they said it was a machine gun as it fired more than one round with each function of the trigger finger.

No change in the law, just a change in how the ATF interpreted it.

Ranb

The examiner who approved the akins accelerator in the first place probably got his chops busted pretty hard once the upper brass figured out what was going on. Theres no way that thing should have ever been approved. You know it and so do they.

Actually I disagree. The trigger was pulled for each round fired. But I do not want to discuss it here, another thread should be created to do that.

Ranb

The examiner who approved the akins accelerator in the first place probably got his chops busted pretty hard once the upper brass figured out what was going on. Theres no way that thing should have ever been approved. You know it and so do they.

Actually I disagree. The trigger was pulled for each round fired. But I do not want to discuss it here, another thread should be created to do that.

Ranb

i do- that's a load of crap. his device was perfectly legal. it's not his fault the law was flawed. the law IS flawed- it's bubbleguming unconsitutional, so of course it's flawed. it's irrational, and nothing irrational survives logical scrutiny.

It's not right that they can change the interpretation of the law whenever it suits them. It fired one shot per function (pull) of the trigger, but since the receiver reciprocated it "violated the spirit" of the law :mad:
Kind of makes you wonder if your finger can be considered an unregistered MG if you bumpfire your rifle.
Now customers are left with $1,000 non-functioning 10/22 stocks from an Oregon entrepreneur. "All your spring are belong to us!"
On the other hand I'm sure the wording on the original homepage didn't help (said something about "the loophole to the '86 machinegun ban"). ATF probably felt like it was being taunted.
It's too bad, a full-auto 10/22 sounds like a fun little machine.

And Ranb perfectly explained the answer to the original question, spare suppressor parts are a no-no.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top