JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would hope that the US Navy remembers that even an outhouse of a county like Iran has the greatest advantage. Initiative, the ablity to strike within a limited area at a time of their choosing. Anyone who has served recently knows that this gives someone who is willing to die the ability to inflict damage far in excess of the immediate cost.

Even if only one Silkworm hits, they are not called carrier killers for nothing.

This what I was trying to get to. What if every thing goes just wrong and a carrier sinks.

No. They stole that quote from us :) .

Keith

That quote was around back in 1968, when I was at Subase, PH. People, including the Iranians, just don't understand what our weapons systems can do. Drop an ICBM on a phone booth? No problem. When I first read "Red October" I said to myself, "Tom Clancy has been there and back, and he's telling about things I'd go to jail for disclosing."

Japan once thought an epic titan battleship, the Yamato, was unsinkable and absolutely defensible with its unprecedented and incredible firepower onboard.

History records and credits the sinking kill shot to a U.S. Navy Dive bomber pilot during a routine scouting mission...directly from above!

Never forget that incoming fire, has the right of way!!

Absolutely, never underestimate your enemy!!!

Last Edited:
When I first read "Red October" I said to myself, "Tom Clancy has been there and back, and he's telling about things I'd go to jail for disclosing."
When the book was released Clancy was visited by the FBI who wanted to know his source of many details he disclosed in the tale. His answer and the truth. Most of it was from the public library.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top