JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Taurus I spoke of has larger grips and is about 1 inch wide more then many 22's and is why I mentioned it.
The other twenty twos are too thin for my liking.

A thought go on Youtube and type in model ..... review and see them in action too.
The Taurus is allot like Barreta Bobcat and modeled after it so.

Good hunting took me 4 months to decided on the PT-22 as my back up concealed.

Thanks for responding again. I wasn't aware it had a bigger grip, it looks like one of those tiny pocket rockets. :)

As a backup that would definitely be an interesting one.

Thanks for responding again. I wasn't aware it had a bigger grip, it looks like one of those tiny pocket rockets. :)

As a backup that would definitely be an interesting one.

My My Sigp229 40 cal is about as wide at the grips as this, its small gun don't get me wrong, but on that here are some measurements.

From Barrel end to thumb guard 5 1/4 inches It is 4 1/8 inches from the magazine to the top site.
and the grips are 1 1/4 inches at their widest. The barrel and chamber are 5/8 inches wide.
Holds 8, thats 7 in the magazine and 1 preload if desired by a tilt barrel .
The gun has some unique things to it and was why I bought mine twice.

Its wide for my big hands, it has two not one recoil springs, can be preloaded or use the slide.
It has a small lip on the magazine that makes it not feel so small and gives a good grip.

Not trying to sell you the idea to get one, but after looking at some of the others I settled for this one and at 219.00 it was great deal. It is modeled after the Barreta Bob Cat, but is not at the extreme high end quality of barreta.

I am hooked on the Smith 622 in 4 1/2 and 6" barrel. I like the silver anodized aluminum since it does not show wear on the sharp edges. The Smith 422 is in black and does show scrapes. The barrel is low and is quick to return to target. Price is $320 to 450. I can't say about wear of many thousands of rounds, but mine look pristine. I have both barrel lengths. Very light and accurate. Models have fixed and adjustable sights.
Cheers Roy

Smith 422 is a great plinker it's not fussy at all. Buckmark is also an excellent pistol(but keep it clean), Sig Trailside is great(also likes CLEAN), Remington Thunderbolts would tumble @50' out of my Ruger convertable 22 single action, but loves the golden bullet, Ruger Target model Mark I has never let me down, but the trigger leaves alot to be desired. Dan Wesson M22 revolver is an accurate faultless classic, wow. I would like to get the Smith and Wesson revolver in 6in. to compare. The Smith and Wesson model 41 is quite the accurate pistol, but target ammo(std velocity) only and heavy.

For me ~ I would work on getting the conversion kit for your Beretta. While it is hard to find it does come around and the cost is not horrible. The other big plus is you will be using the same lower you are used to which will help in theory with your muscle memory.

For me ~ I would work on getting the conversion kit for your Beretta. While it is hard to find it does come around and the cost is not horrible. The other big plus is you will be using the same lower you are used to which will help in theory with your muscle memory.

+1 ^ or do like you did for your 92 play with as many as you can and you will find the one that is just right

I would suggest the Browning Buckmar as a nice solid 22 LR pistol. It may look similar to the Ruger Mark III, but it is isn't. For me it has a smoother action, much easier breakdown for cleaning, and overall better feel. They also aren't crazy expensive, like some of the Ruger Mark IIIs can get.

The down side is finding accessories for them isn't as easy as the Ruger Mark III.

I realize you stated you weren't interested in the MK III, its the only .22 I have experience with.

I owned one for a time and put more rounds through it than other other firearm I have owned. I'm not sure how many exactly but would guess in excess of 20k rounds. I was at the range 1-2 times a week for 2 years, usually shooting wal-mart bulk packs out of it.

I had the " heavy barrel " target model and it was essentially a laser beam, it got a little boring it was so easy to shoot well. I have owned may guns and this is the " one " I regret selling the most. The only bad thing I have to say about it was the dis-assembly. The first time I took it down for cleaning I was so frustrated I wanted to throw it across the room. After shooting and cleaning it so much it became second nature.

Cant say enough good about it. Very accurate, very reliable, cheap, and very easy to shoot well. I also let several non gun people shoot it while at the range, everyone loved it. Mine started malfunctioning after a bulk pack was put through it. I would buy whatever was the cheapest ( dirtiest) , usually federal or Winchester.

The first time I took the bolt apart I lost a part down the drain. I called ruger and they sent me the part on their dime, even ate the shipping.

Just thought I would chime in with my .22 pistol experience. :D

Best bang for buck is a conversion kit. Very handy for marksmanship training. But it isn't another firearm as such, and we all like to own more firearms.

I personally like the Ruger Mark III's. Great guns in general, reasonably priced magazines, and I find them less finicky than some others. I do like High Standards but I have always found them to be a little more temperamental than Rugers. YMMV.

A great .22LR handgun that should not be overlooked is the CZ 75 Kadet:

CZ-USA -> CZ 75 Kadet

I've also seen versions of this with a threaded barrel. Downsize is price, although I have seen deals on them. Also, magazine prices are high but so are most conversion kit magazines.

75kadet.jpg

75kadet.jpg

Best bang for buck is a conversion kit. Very handy for marksmanship training. But it isn't another firearm as such, and we all like to own more firearms.

I personally like the Ruger Mark III's. Great guns in general, reasonably priced magazines, and I find them less finicky than some others. I do like High Standards but I have always found them to be a little more temperamental than Rugers. YMMV.

A great .22LR handgun that should not be overlooked is the CZ 75 Kadet:

CZ-USA -> CZ 75 Kadet

I've also seen versions of this with a threaded barrel. Downsize is price, although I have seen deals on them. Also, magazine prices are high but so are most conversion kit magazines.

View attachment 49834

I agree, the Kadett is a great way to get time on your CZ without having to load up a bunch of 9mm (I have a CZ, actually several)...but I stll like my High Standards better...for a pure .22, the Trophy and and Victor have no equal for the $$$. User adjustable trigger, user adgustable trigger backlash, easily changable barrels...many many different barrels available..push button breakdown, and as accurate as any compition pistol ever manufactured.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top