JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome!! I just spent part of February and most of March in Adelaide/ Mount Ive Station/ Lake Gairdner for Speedweek. You have a wonderful country with great people and I can't wait to get back for another visit!!

Greetings from Newberg.
If STOMPER travels to other countries do they consider him dangerous game??? :rolleyes:
Does he carry a good rack? Pity he is not coming to Brisbane. In fact if any of you come to Brisbane I would invite you to one of my local gun clubs for a shoot. Plenty of bang sticks to lend. Have a safe trip mate and don't sit near a window.

Welcome!! I just spent part of February and most of March in Adelaide/ Mount Ive Station/ Lake Gairdner for Speedweek. You have a wonderful country with great people and I can't wait to get back for another visit!!
Yep, we are lucky (Aussies and Americans) in that we have terrific countries. Mind you I do wonder sometimes just how long we will be able to say that. At my age I do still remember when it was even more wonderful. less crowded and a place where hunting and fishing was not seen as a criminal activity.

Welcome from Beaverton, Oregon.
Cheers!
I had a beautiful pen-pal from Oregon when I was a lad (1962). She lived in Portland and she was really a great distraction for a young bloke who had just joined the military. My first real experience of learning about life in the USA, albeit by letter, no email in those days :)

Welcome!! Been to Brisbane twice. I have family in Yeppoon and Melbourne. Might have to look you up for an adventure next time I'm over there!!
Terrific. I have quite a number of friends in the US - ham radio friends that is. Pity thing is over the years a lot have gone silent key, one not long ago lost everything in those rotten bush fires that ripped through Santa Rosa and districts. Something we have in common is rotten wild-fires and floods. Thank goodness we do not have the problem you guys have with tornados.

Sure seems that way so far. Don't think I am being rude if I do not respond promptly as I spend a lot of time away from the computer and have not bothered to get one of those stupid smart phone thingies.

Good for you!
Do people in Australian cities spend their free time with ear phones in, walking around with their faces glued to their smart phones, walking in front of cars/buses/trucks? Completely oblivious to the entire world around them?

I guess if you were a "Young Lad" in '62 that you are a part of the WISE generation, eh?

Good to have you here! Looking forward to reading discussions with some down under flavor.

Good for you!
Do people in Australian cities spend their free time with ear phones in, walking around with their faces glued to their smart phones, walking in front of cars/buses/trucks? Completely oblivious to the entire world around them?

I guess if you were a "Young Lad" in '62 that you are a part of the WISE generation, eh?

Good to have you here! Looking forward to reading discussions with some down under flavor.
Thanks Mike, good to be here. Yes, I see it more and more, stupid people with "smart" phones glued to their faces, earbuds blocking out the rest of the world. Even driving around using the stupid things and causing accidents. One day these people will die and wonder where the heck their life went, because they will have missed most of the beautiful and wonderful things they should have enjoyed. Yep, all we did was smoke dope and marvel at the sunset, even got paid to take a trip to an Asian country so we could marvel at the agent orange sunset there ;-) but we still took the time to write letters, put coins in phone boxes and actually talk to each other face to face, heck we even used to actually walk because we sure as heck could not afford to buy a car. But the wheel it turning, now we have to walk because we can't afford to put petrol in our cars. I often wonder how the young ones will ever communicate if we no longer have internet or mobile phones, and forget about them being able to feed themselves when the junk food palaces and supermarkets disappear, half of them do not know that milk comes from a cow and vegetables actually are food.
Sorry a bit of the forum topic here, so what firearms do you guys use and for what over there? I currently run two O/U 12g shotguns (a Browning Cynergy Black Ice and a M70 Miroku) and an O/U 28g (Beretta Silver Pigeon) shotgun for skeet, low field and sporting clays. I use a couple of Tikka rifles in 6.5x55se and .223Rem for the wild dogs and hogs and a Brno Mod2 .22LR for small game. Hand load all my ammo except for the rimfire. A long list of other hardware in the past so won't go there yet.

Welcome...
I'm probably showing my age, but while most of the younger folks here immediately think of "Croc. Dundee", "Bee Gee's", "Quigly Downunder" and "Foster's"....
....I immediately think of, "The Flying Doctor", "Adventures of Long John Silver", The Seekers, and "Foster's".

Is the Tea and Sugar train still running? That's been on my bucket list for years!".

Welcome...
I'm probably showing my age, but while most of the younger folks here immediately think of "Croc. Dundee", "Bee Gee's", "Quigly Downunder" and "Foster's"....
....I immediately think of, "The Flying Doctor", "Adventures of Long John Silver", The Seekers, and "Foster's".

Is the Tea and Sugar train still running? That's been on my bucket list for years!".
No, sadly the T&S did its last journey in 1996 and a part of Aussie history faded into the pages of books. SO you can cross it off your bucket list. The old Transcontinental became the Indian Pacific. I rode the Transcon several times, then later I actually worked on the maintenance of the rolling stock of the IP.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top