JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is that American men AND wimmin?

Lots of good stuff on Youtube from Americans who actually live here by choice, including a beautiful black family who moved here a couple of years back, just before the covid thing. Mac, the dad, offers very good advice to anybody coming here from the US of A, as well as telling how it is living here.

What a generally pleasant fellow! :D Lol, unfortunately, I haven't any gainful employment abroad, nor have I the savings to foot the bill for translocation and all the expenses related, the capital to purchase a home or lease land or even the nest egg for emergency use. I would never move somewhere without being able to ensure successful root development and integration... and I don't think it's in GB's 5 year plan to encourage distribution of poverty! If we could eradicate all traces of modern commerce and the global monetary crutch, that might be a different story. It sounds painfully lovely though!

What a generally pleasant fellow! :D Lol, unfortunately, I haven't any gainful employment abroad, nor have I the savings to foot the bill for translocation and all the expenses related, the capital to purchase a home or lease land or even the nest egg for emergency use. I would never move somewhere without being able to ensure successful root development and integration... and I don't think it's in GB's 5 year plan to encourage distribution of poverty! If we could eradicate all traces of modern commerce and the global monetary crutch, that might be a different story. It sounds painfully lovely though!
ps... idk what wimmin are.:s0112:

That sounds about right. Clean the MAF first, that is the easiest. You will find it somewhere between the filter and the intake on the engine. You just spray it with sensor cleaner that you can get at any auto parts store. Sensor itself should be $50-100. Lots of vids online I am sure.
Yes this correct, and very easy. A can of the specific MAF sensor cleaner is less than $10 IIRC.
DO NOT STICK THE PLASTIC STRAW INTO THE SENSOR BODY DON'T EVEN TOUCH THE SENSOR IT IS VERY FRAGILE. JUST SPRAY THE FLUID STREAM INTO WHERE THE SENSOR IS. WEAR EYE PRO. (The actual sensor is tucked up inside a protective barrier because the sensor is so fragile. You can't touch it unless you try to so don't fret too much)
I did this recently when I took my entire intake off the clean the throttle body and everything. I even heeded the warnings above and STILL managed to screw up. I figured if I was REALLY careful I could stick the straw in the end and blast it out real good, well I'm used to working on fragile things but even this I screwed up. Luckily it didn't damage it. The factory OEM MAF sensors are the best bar none and the cheap OEM ones are fairly cheap, but also "cheap" the OEM ones are quality. If at all possible try and clean it and re install it.

Don't let my warnings above scare you, you can do this and its SUPER easy. Just be extremely cautious. This was my first time cleaning a MAF and now I'm a little more well armed with knowledge. MAF's do get dirty it's part of their daily duty. They do need to be clean to work properly.

*Edit: Oh also get yourself a actual Toyota factory repair manual. They are cheap on eBay (maybe $10) They are much more detailed and will give you info such as the resistance of the MAF across what pins etc. And generally give you twice as much info as a Chilton's or Hayes. Its what the techs use at the actual dealerships. Once you peak at one of those you'll never go back to substitutes.

Eric the car guy and others are pretty good on YT as well. And getting to know the "high voltage and low voyage" systems of your car is a good idea.

My neighbor knocked on our door last night around 8:40pm and we usually never have knocker's or visitors etc. His car died just around the corner (poor kid I think we help him more than his dad hence why he knocked on our door) he ran out of gas and was trying to say something else was wrong with his car because it just started 100' back and drove then stopped.. We gave him a gas can, he was gone maybe a minute and came back (the can still looked heavy to me by the way he was carrying it) I finally went over with him to help he was about smack in the middle of a two lane (rural) road. Everything looked and sounded fine, he was thinking his starter was bad cause he asked for a jump. I said start it, it was one of the new fancy push button Honda's, it spun up just fine sounded perfect. I walked back grabbed the gas can again sat there and put a gallon+ in it to make sure and it sparked right up. He was worried he didn't want to use too much of our gas, which heck, having a neighbor owe you one and watch your back is worth the price alone, Cheap insurance.
He's into guns though too which definitely worries me a bit, he's not the brightest bulb by any means. Hope he never has a ND, he seems like JUST the type :(
Sometimes I feel pretty bad for kids these days YT probably does more "mentoring" and raising than their families/friends. Sometimes it can take to long for people to come around on their own and see the light, and break free from stupid friends.

Anyway I'm certifiabl(e)y in the ranting zone now so enjoy and good luck ;)

..oh yeah forgot the point (dang ADD).. I'm glad I had good mentors to help learn mechanics, electronics etc.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads