JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, as I mentioned, I was looking to find at least one, hopefully more places that are outdoor where my boyfriend, Alex and I could go do some target practice at our own leisure. I didn't even think there were this many folks LEFT in Oregon outside of law enforcement who would participate in the same sort of recreation, although, in my mind it's more like keeping a skill sharp to ensure the safest outcome in the event that one has no other choice but to call upon it, but it's fun too, so I suppose it still fits the bill.
I was introduced to firearms by my late father who was killed November 3, 2017 in his own home in Lake Havasu City, Arizona...by his own .380 auto, in short, due to the fact that they had already defunded their police. My dad would absolutely agree that NOW is DEFINITELY the time to be communicating with like minded individuals to do WHATEVER we can to help ensure that our 2nd amendment rights remain as such. He was also a stickler for helping to keep "plinkin spots" cleaned up for the next person...even if you didn't make the mess to begin with and instilled that in us when we were knee-high to grasshoppers.
At the present moment, my pickup (her name is Tuesday, fyi) is OOC, so I won't be able to participate JUST yet, but, after reading through several of your posts, I look forward to being able to help out in the future to help keep the PNW .... well... the PNW... because I firmly believe that it's not going to be recognizable to us in short order if we just sit around and wait for someone else to do it and I just wouldn't even want to live here anymore at ALL if it changed much more than it has over the last 25 years since I moved here from California by way of Bellingham, WA...
Some things to know about me... I'm 45 as of February, my kids are grown, but may or may not sometimes be available to participate, my current "employment" is on HOLD until my pickup is restored to operational, I'm a delivery driver/courier in the on-demand delivery sector, which suits me best because I suffer from migraine headaches from time to time and also insomnia, so being able to work whenever I CAN is a Godsend. I'm formerly a CMA, which function I performed at the Dept. of Medicine Faculty Practice at Providence St.Vincent Hospital for several years in the early 2000's and also formerly a CNA, which I studied for at Family Health West in Fruita, CO and continued momentarily at Regency Adult Rehab and Recovery in Gresham upon my return to Oregon. I'm a hobbyist photographer and nature lover and I vote INDEPENDENT... because I've never been a fan of popularity contests, especially where merit and experience should be most important. Finally, I have a tinyish dog, his name is Sir Wicket Von Wuf... but we just call him Woof, Wicket, or Poopers usually. He's half reindeer chihuahua, half common shih tsu, half spaghetti, and all personality. He's getting up there in years just like his momma, this Sept he will be 10 years young and he's my favorite person in the whole world. I'm not much of a social butterfly, but, for once, I do look forward to meeting a whole bunch of new people that seem to have their heads and their hearts in the right places!

That's my story and I'm stickin to it.

Welcome from the Land of Evil Spirits!

Take a look around. If you enjoy it here, consider donating a coffee ($5) per month to help run the forum, as it is run on a shoestring.

Welcome,

This is a popular spot for most.

Also please vote no on Measure 114 this coming November if you want to keep your gun rights.

Welcome aboard!

D4F87B8E-E931-44AD-ADF4-A0ED5AEB234B.jpeg

That is quite the intro! Welcome.
Those North Fork Wolf Creek lanes get pretty busy. If you decide to get up there go early. Real early, like fishing early.

So sorry about your father. Terribly sad.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODF supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

:s0101:You will for sure find like minded people on this site as well you will find an amazing database of knowledge for guns,ammo and just about anything outdoors. Got a question?,start a thread; sometimes you have to weed out the stupid but most the time it's gold 👌

Welcome from just 'along the street' in downtown East Anglia, England. Mrs tac and I are proud to own up to being part-time Oregonians, as you can detect by the window sticker on our station wagon here -

1660405321420.png

I shoot - a lot - but Mrs tac gave up on it when all her handguns were taken away in the late-nineties. All mine, too, except for a BP revolver - exempt from the ban.

I shoot everything you can think of from around 1858 or so to more modern stuff, and reload or cast for everything 'cept .22LR.

We don't have a house pet, but we 'share' a Griffon Vulture over at the Raptor Foundation not far away. He's a real character.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top