JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
when most of those in charge of schools are opposed to practical solutions (is that accurate or is it an inaccurate perception based on media? -- I don't honestly know

Quite accurate I think. What I've read in the media directly quotes not only those in charge, but teachers at random (not all teachers tho). The objections raised are the same ones I've had raised to me here in the forum:

1. It's too expensive
2. It's too hard
3. It won't stop 100%
4. It creates lines that can be attacked
5. It creates hassles
6. It makes the students scared
7. It creates a police state
8. It creates a Nazi/fascist atmosphere
9. It encourages govt control
10. Guards can be attacked
11. Armed teachers can be attacked
12. Armed teachers might shoot somebody
13. Armed teachers might be shot by first responders
14. Veterans posted make a bad atmosphere, aren't trained cops, might shoot somebody, etc
15. Visible gun presence is scary
16. School shootings are statistically insignificant
17. And on and on

Quite accurate I think. What I've read in the media directly quotes not only those in charge, but teachers at random (not all teachers tho). The objections raised are the same ones I've had raised to me here in the forum:

1. It's too expensive
2. It's too hard
3. It won't stop 100%
4. It creates lines that can be attacked
5. It creates hassles
6. It makes the students scared
7. It creates a police state
8. It creates a Nazi/fascist atmosphere
9. It encourages govt control
10. Guards can be attacked
14. Veterans posted make a bad atmosphere, aren't trained cops, might shoot somebody, etc
15. Visible gun presence is scary
16. School shootings are statistically insignificant
17. And on and on
18. Guns scary. Laws make them vanish. POOF!

Repeal the GFZ and this bubblegum will not happen as much. Let teachers train & carry, there are many that are veterans and already have training, this will detour most of the rest. Schools need to be held accountable for their inability to investigate threats, no matter how small.

This is called common sense that will address deadly situations in schools.

It would be an interesting experiment to split every school district into status quo (GFZ) schools and the other half implement the types of common sense that we've been suggesting (hardened targets and armed staff, etc). Check back in 5 years with actual stats and see where we stand.

SO, the students, parents, and faculty were holding a candle light vigil, and out of nowhere, the Everytown ( Or What ever) and politicians show up and start in on the "We gotta take all the guns away" rant! Figures!:mad::mad::mad:
I guarantee that politician will NOT be winning any future office, and the anti gun message just got a serious kick in the nuts showing how over the top these arseholes really are!

John Lott says

None of this has ever happened,

Yet there have been schools with all of these in place for a long time now.

SO, the students, parents, and faculty were holding a candle light vigil, and out of nowhere, the Everytown ( Or What ever) and politicians show up and start in on the "We gotta take all the guns away" rant! Figures!:mad::mad::mad:
I guarantee that politician will NOT be winning any future office, and the anti gun message just got a serious kick in the nuts showing how over the top these arseholes really are!

I don't think it was a takeover -- more along the lines of false advertising, at least based on what I read. The group hosting the event is an anti2A org -- Team Enough -- but rather than call it a political rally, they called it a vigil and students who were mislead by the marketing were understandably ticked once they understood the real purpose.

Anyway, they were hoping for another Hogg like out of Parkland, instead they got this:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top