JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
These Extreme Risk Protection Order laws give judge & jury powers to people that don't deserve it.

I like the idea of unions but like everything else, they give people too much immunity. Police, teachers and anyone else who gets blanket protection. This principle gets to suspend common sense because words scare people.

If little Jimmy said, I like Barbie dolls. Wearing pants make me sad. I hate Trump. There would be zero reaction. They are using children as tools and are proud of it.

Last Edited:
I am unfortunatelyin a FB war with a friend of 30yrs over an idea. She says since she is a teacher I have no place to speak on teachers being trained and concealed carrying at school.

I said obviously not all teachers but those willing & able should be allowed to. Most teachers say they fight for children's rights, but the idea to fight for their right to life isn't more important than personal ideology. This beta male, living scared of words society has caught up to us. This apparently is the price.
Your friend has a point.. since he's a petty tyrant he can and does speak as one (at an excellent yearly salary for a part-time job) daily to his subjects.
lol

Arrested?...no
I do think what I would have done , had this happened in my class..would have been :
A private talk with the student to get a a better understanding / context of the comment...
Apply that , to my knowledge of the student...and their home life , mental state etc...

Perhaps a conversation along the lines of :
Know your audience...
There is a time a place to discuss certain things...
What you say may be heard or taken many different ways...
Ask just what are you saying by that comment?....
Then move up the conversation to whoever needs to be aware of it , if needed...

Granted I teach at a small high school and my situation might totally different than the school in the OP...
Just a few thoughts as I get ready for my school day....:D
Andy

Your friend has a point.. since he's a petty tyrant he can and does speak as one (at an excellent yearly salary for a part-time job) daily to his subjects.
lol

You obviously have no idea what it's like to be a teacher. My mom was a grade school teacher (now retired), and she was at work for about 9-10 hours a day, then did more work at home in the evenings. The pay is disgraceful too, nowhere near what they deserve. People are school teachers because they want to be, not because it pays well, or has a lot of time off.

She retired, in part, because they CAN'T say and do what they want anymore. They have to be very careful what they say and do these days, lest the parents go off the deep end.

You obviously have no idea what it's like to be a teacher. My mom was a grade school teacher (now retired), and she was at work for about 9-10 hours a day, then did more work at home in the evenings. The pay is disgraceful too, nowhere near what they deserve. People are school teachers because they want to be, not because it pays well, or has a lot of time off.

She retired, in part, because they CAN'T say and do what they want anymore. They have to be very careful what they say and do these days, lest the parents go off the deep end.
Are you saying Andy has no idea of what it is like to be a teacher?

Maybe that's why the kids in Oregon graduate high school 49/50 of all the states.. with dollars per student being $14000 a year.. pretty much the highest in the nation.
you've got to be kidding.. and they do have what, 5 months off per year?

This discussion was not to convert teachers into door kicking ninjas. Its for them to have another tool at their disposal that, could/possibly/maybe, save some lives. Look at any footage of how the plan is currently not working. I have teachers and a few principals in my family. I know how hard some of them work.

The last H.S. my youngest son attended had a very strict lock down during the day, the only way in or out was through the front door and right to a security officers station where any one would be questioned as to who that were, and what they were there for, no solid answer, not on the approved list and no entry! While they may sound extreme, it was about the best method of preventing entrance possable!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top