JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just out of curiousity, I know that in WA, you must wait several dys to buy a hangun if you dont have a concealed carry license. However, you can walk out the same day with a rifle purchase. What about stripped AR15 lowers? Is there a waiting period on those up there? Im just wondering how far that waiting period extends for you guys up there.

Thanks.

Just out of curiousity, I know that in WA, you must wait several dys to buy a hangun if you dont have a concealed carry license. However, you can walk out the same day with a rifle purchase. What about stripped AR15 lowers? Is there a waiting period on those up there? Im just wondering how far that waiting period extends for you guys up there.

Thanks.

Long gun lower = no wait.

Not sure if marked as a pistol lower. Probably standard (and idiotic) waiting period.

Stripped lowers are not a Longgun or a Handgun.
The old 4473 said:

Longgun: Handgun: Both:

The new 4473 forms now say:

Longgun: Handgun: Receiver:

I just went through this... You Will need to be 21. There Will be a wait if you do not have a valid CPL

<broken link removed>

Stripped lowers are not a Longgun or a Handgun.
The old 4473 said:

Longgun: Handgun: Both:

The new 4473 forms now say:

Longgun: Handgun: Receiver:

I just went through this... You Will need to be 21. There Will be a wait if you do not have a valid CPL

<broken link removed>

I just bought a stripped lower a couple weeks back. I am over 21 and have a CPL but I did not show my CPL at time of purchase. There was no wait, and it says long gun on the form.

I just bought a stripped lower a couple weeks back. I am over 21 and have a CPL but I did not show my CPL at time of purchase. There was no wait, and it says long gun on the form.

The one you bought "says long gun", you purchased a rifle/long gun, so there is no wait.

If it was sold as a handgun or receiver you would then have to follow the rules for handguns...

Some lowers say "Pistol" on them

Most lowers ship as AR15 receivers and then become a rifle or a pistol on the form 4473 when you check the box...if the 4473 is checked as a receiver it can be built as either a rifle or pistol....(but it can not go back and forth)

Not being an FFL I do not know if they have to enter them into inventory as rifle/pistol/receiver, I assume as a receiver.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top