Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Stripped Lowers In WA

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by xjjeeper223, Feb 5, 2010.

1. xjjeeper223

xjjeeper223 Medford Active Member

Just out of curiousity, I know that in WA, you must wait several dys to buy a hangun if you dont have a concealed carry license. However, you can walk out the same day with a rifle purchase. What about stripped AR15 lowers? Is there a waiting period on those up there? Im just wondering how far that waiting period extends for you guys up there.

Thanks.

2. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Long gun lower = no wait.

Not sure if marked as a pistol lower. Probably standard (and idiotic) waiting period.

3. gixxer1974

gixxer1974 Portlad Oregon Member

No wait if you have a cwp. and the lower I bought for my build wasn't marked pistol or rifle. but since I live in Oregon now I don't know what the answer to that would be

4. Iansstud

Iansstud SW WA / PDX Member

5. cbzdel

cbzdel Tacoma, WA Member

I just bought a stripped lower a couple weeks back. I am over 21 and have a CPL but I did not show my CPL at time of purchase. There was no wait, and it says long gun on the form.

6. wayoutwest

wayoutwest Polk County, Oregon Active Member

The one you bought "says long gun", you purchased a rifle/long gun, so there is no wait.

If it was sold as a handgun or receiver you would then have to follow the rules for handguns...

7. cbzdel

cbzdel Tacoma, WA Member

Does a pistol lower actually have the engraved into the lower? How would one know if its a rifle or pistol frame?

8. wayoutwest

wayoutwest Polk County, Oregon Active Member

Some lowers say "Pistol" on them

Most lowers ship as AR15 receivers and then become a rifle or a pistol on the form 4473 when you check the box...if the 4473 is checked as a receiver it can be built as either a rifle or pistol....(but it can not go back and forth)

Not being an FFL I do not know if they have to enter them into inventory as rifle/pistol/receiver, I assume as a receiver.

9. johnqpublic

johnqpublic wa state New Member

Does any one know about the reliability of the 60% AR receivers KT Ordinance?

10. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

That was an error by your FFL

11. Iansstud

Iansstud SW WA / PDX Member

Yes it was!!! Looks like your FFL missed the memo that was sent to all FFL's last year! (link on bottom of Post #5)