JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just out of curiousity, I know that in WA, you must wait several dys to buy a hangun if you dont have a concealed carry license. However, you can walk out the same day with a rifle purchase. What about stripped AR15 lowers? Is there a waiting period on those up there? Im just wondering how far that waiting period extends for you guys up there.

Thanks.

Just out of curiousity, I know that in WA, you must wait several dys to buy a hangun if you dont have a concealed carry license. However, you can walk out the same day with a rifle purchase. What about stripped AR15 lowers? Is there a waiting period on those up there? Im just wondering how far that waiting period extends for you guys up there.

Thanks.

Long gun lower = no wait.

Not sure if marked as a pistol lower. Probably standard (and idiotic) waiting period.

Stripped lowers are not a Longgun or a Handgun.
The old 4473 said:

Longgun: Handgun: Both:

The new 4473 forms now say:

Longgun: Handgun: Receiver:

I just went through this... You Will need to be 21. There Will be a wait if you do not have a valid CPL

<broken link removed>

Stripped lowers are not a Longgun or a Handgun.
The old 4473 said:

Longgun: Handgun: Both:

The new 4473 forms now say:

Longgun: Handgun: Receiver:

I just went through this... You Will need to be 21. There Will be a wait if you do not have a valid CPL

<broken link removed>

I just bought a stripped lower a couple weeks back. I am over 21 and have a CPL but I did not show my CPL at time of purchase. There was no wait, and it says long gun on the form.

I just bought a stripped lower a couple weeks back. I am over 21 and have a CPL but I did not show my CPL at time of purchase. There was no wait, and it says long gun on the form.

The one you bought "says long gun", you purchased a rifle/long gun, so there is no wait.

If it was sold as a handgun or receiver you would then have to follow the rules for handguns...

Some lowers say "Pistol" on them

Most lowers ship as AR15 receivers and then become a rifle or a pistol on the form 4473 when you check the box...if the 4473 is checked as a receiver it can be built as either a rifle or pistol....(but it can not go back and forth)

Not being an FFL I do not know if they have to enter them into inventory as rifle/pistol/receiver, I assume as a receiver.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top