JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Widener's has a special on stripped Anderson lowers for only $43.00 along with free shipping if you buy 5 or more.
Has anyone used an FFL in the Greater Portland area that will process multiple lowers and how much did it cost?

Not in Portland but I was able to order four lower receivers recently and had a total of $25 for the BGC and FFL transfer fee at our LGS in Vernonia. You should easily match or beat that.....as long as your FFL understands that all four receivers can be logged on a single 4473 and that only a single BGC is required. :cool:

P.S......You might be able to beat that lower receiver price if you are patient and watch sites like Slickguns.com. I ordered four Anderson lowers for $28.44 each and had a little over $9 in shipping this last month.

E

Last Edited:
Budsgunshop.com can locate an FFL automatically. Usually tells you their rates as well without calling all over the place. I have found $25 to be fairly standard including BGC.

I went to Curt's and just bought one.
I would have save $20.00 each by buying 5, but they pointed out that the $43.00 Anderson's most likely would be blems, even thou I don't mind a scuff or two, but I didn't want any misaligned hole blem models that would hinder the build.
Thanks for input.

I went to Curt's and just bought one.
I would have save $20.00 each by buying 5, but they pointed out that the $43.00 Anderson's most likely would be blems, even thou I don't mind a scuff or two, but I didn't want any misaligned hole blem models that would hinder the build.
Thanks for input.

There are several distributors selling Anderson lowers for under $50 right now. No one is advertising them as blems so I find that claim highly speculative.

It reminds me of a notorious PDX gun store that used to claim that Bi-Mart sold "seconds" firearms.

E

I only needed one to finish a build and a new Aero lower will match the upper.
It was the free shipping with 5 or more that caught my eye.

I bought 2 Aero upper and lowers from Brownell's for I think the lowers were $62 and the upper was $65.
I wish I would have bought a few more. This is the time to do it. Everything is so cheap.
I really like the Aero parts they are inexpensive, but great parts. Built a pistol with one and probably do a carbine with the other.

There are several distributors selling Anderson lowers for under $50 right now. No one is advertising them as blems so I find that claim highly speculative.

It reminds me of a notorious PDX gun store that used to claim that Bi-Mart sold "seconds" firearms.

E

I will speculate that they are not blems. ;) I and a few friends have several of them. Of the two that I know were used in builds this week there have been no problems.

PSA sells blems that maybe 1 out of 5 has a small scratch to it.A friend bought a box of 10 and never did see what the blem was.
So I believe most blems are cosmetic.Have never heard of a blem being machined wrong.
YMMV

I have bought several 80% blems from Ares Armor. The blem is a cut that is slightly "wrong" (not sure how else to say it) cut at the front of the mag well. They are all exactly the same so it must have been a programing error. Its the kind of thing that you wouldn't notice unless you had it set right next to another "good" one. I just hit that spot extra hard in the glass bead cabinet and the spot more or less vanished. Hardly a real problem, especially on a bare block of aluminum you can futz with.

What ever the blem is you can be assured it is not going to affect function. If some outfit was selling unusable blocks of aluminum, that wouldn't last long.

I have had the same experience on the PSA blems. I have bought several and not been able to figure out what the flaw was.

Last Edited:
PSA sells blems that maybe 1 out of 5 has a small scratch to it.A friend bought a box of 10 and never did see what the blem was.
So I believe most blems are cosmetic.Have never heard of a blem being machined wrong.
YMMV

I doubt they'd get very far selling a part that's known to be out of spec - it isn't worth anything unless you can't get them anymore.
I have bought several 80% blems from Ares Armor. The blem is a cut that is slightly "wrong" (not sure how else to say it) cut at the front of the mag well. They are all exactly the same so it must have been a programing error. Its the kind of thing that you wouldn't notice unless you had it set right next to another "good" one. I just hit that spot extra hard in the glass bead cabinet and spot more or less vanished. Hardly a real problem, especially on a bare block of aluminum you can futz with.

I have had the same experience on the PSA blems. I have bought several and not been able to figure out what the flaw was.

Yeah, I just don't see them selling you a lower that's not usable.

A few weeks back PSA was offering blemished BCG's for $49.95. I picked up a few.

In my opinion, a blemish should never be anything more than a cosmetic flaw. Mis-milling or any other machining that puts a part out of spec should automatically doom that part to the scrap bin.

This was the blemish on the BGC's.

20150112_141620.jpg 20150112_192632.jpg

Last Edited:
A few weeks back PSA was offering blemished BCG's for $49.95. I picked up a few.

In my opinion, a blemish should never be anything more than a cosmetic flaw. Mis-milling or any other machining that puts a part out of spec should automatically doom that part to the scrap bin.

This was the blemish on the BGC's.

Wish I'd seen those. I'd pay $50 for those any day.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top