JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just buy lowers at local FFLs. When you factor in the transfer cost, it quickly becomes not worth it to deal with shipping wait times. They're barely $100 OTD everywhere

Just buy lowers at local FFLs. When you factor in the transfer cost, it quickly becomes not worth it to deal with shipping wait times. They're barely $100 OTD everywhere
Depends though, if one wants to wait AND if buying multiples. Can save $ & put such towards the builds.

A multi transfer should only be ~$10 per, after whatever the FFL charges for the first one. If done same day/same form. No idea on how many an FFL can do on same form.

Ex: 4 lowers.

1st lower add $35 (what my FFL chargers for first shipped in transfer).

The next 3 add $10 each same day/same form (what my FFL does).

-Granted, MOST FFLS charge only state fee for in stock stuff, or might even knock it off the price (depending upon whatever it is). For a lower in stock, my FFL would charge me the $10 fee. So really depends.

Last Edited:
If you're a member of Tri County Gun Club, they'll do transfers for $30 flat - meaning, regardless of how many you transfer at once. I got 5 lowers that way - it was $30 and I walked out with all 5.

Depends though, if one wants to wait AND if buying multiples. Can save $ & put such towards the builds.

A multi transfer should only be ~$10 per, after whatever the FFL charges for the first one. If done same day/same form. No idea on how many an FFL can do on same form.

Ex: 4 lowers.

1st lower add $35 (what my FFL chargers for first shipped in transfer).

The next 3 add $10 each same day/same form (what my FFL does).

-Granted, MOST FFLS charge only state fee for in stock stuff, or might even knock it off the price (depending upon whatever it is). For a lower in stock, my FFL would charge me the $10 fee. So really depends.
My ffl flat charged me for all ten lowers 35.00. It only takes one background check no matter how many. So I can't see paying for every single transfer personally

Today only - Anderson lowers $38 each limit 5 at Primary Arms

You might want to anonymize the link by removing everything after the ? in your link or everyone who uses it will make Primary Arms "think" you just checked out their website and will increase the number of emails they send you.

If you're a member of Tri County Gun Club, they'll do transfers for $30 flat - meaning, regardless of how many you transfer at once. I got 5 lowers that way - it was $30 and I walked out with all 5.

My LGS operates the same way.

I purchased five Poverty Pony lowers from Primary Arms at $29.99 each with free shipping. My LGS charged me $35 total for the transfer, so I was out $36.99 per lower.

Any store that wants to charge a transfer fee for each lower is ripping you off.

-E-

I'm a fan of Anderson for AR-15 lowers. No experience with AR-10 stuff. The best deal I got was a local shop around here willing to match the online price for lowers and then only charge me 1 background check. That was years ago and I would not count on that, but it certainly shouldn't be a separate transfer fee each.

The one thing I read that made sense to me was that if ARs get banned, it'll be harder to track down all parts, not just the receiver so it's better to build them out than have a pile of stripped receivers in a closet. That's a lot more expensive proposition though but something to consider.

For the rest of the build, I've had good luck with PSA kits with their upgraded triggers (I think they call it their EPT trigger) and magpul furniture. They have sales on them fairly regularly and you can end up with a complete rifle, minus optic, for around $400 if you hit everything just right.

Good luck with your builds!

wife ok'd 2 .lol
Had ordered some ammo too:s0003:
Now repeat after me: "Those? I bought those before we even started dating. In fact I've owned those so long I forgot all about them until I recently went through the safe looking to see if we misplaced any of your jewelry...".

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top