JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will speculate that they are not blems. ;) I and a few friends have several of them. Of the two that I know were used in builds this week there have been no problems.

I have also purchased a few Andersons and they all were mint when I got them. One lower I mated up to a Mega Billet upper and it matched perfectly. People don't like the horse but for 39.99 I will take it:D Plus the horse has gotten a little smaller on the new stuff they have.

image.jpg This is the flaw on the Ares Armor lowers, you can see they ran a tool into the mag well lip. I bought 4, they are all exactly alike.

PSA sells blems that maybe 1 out of 5 has a small scratch to it.A friend bought a box of 10 and never did see what the blem was.
So I believe most blems are cosmetic.Have never heard of a blem being machined wrong.
YMMV

I cant see them selling somethign with a hole in it or big gouge or something major but I just ordered a BLEM PA-10 lower from PSA today. I am hoping I am not going to regret not spending an extra $40 for the non-BLEM. I'm sure it will be fine and hopefully not noticeable, but I still have this little voice in my head barking about it.

calling them blems is a gimmick . Tell me why the only thing you can buy from some of these companies are blems . They had to come up with a excuse for selling them so cheap without pissing off their customers that paid much more them prior to the flood . where were all these blems when we really wanted them . some companies in order to call them blems would send a employee into a room of parts with a hammer and said to tap each one so we can call them a blem.

Its a big Joke but Enjoy it while you can I'm just looking forward to the blem .22 bricks

I just went through about 30 Anderson "blem" lowers, The only blemishes were from poor packing on the last order of 17. A few nicks in the finish. No biggie too me.
Eldbillbo,maybe this is the reason,so they can hurry up the packing and not worry so much about wrapping them good
And I have heard that if the batch has one blem then that batch is blems,so you may not get the blemished one from the batch
Inoknow....

We have at least 50 more coming, Will report. The Anderson LPK's have had some problems with being incomplete though.
A call was made to the supplier about the poor packaging so we'll see if that changes. A few of the guys that ended up with some of the last order weren't happy with any imperfections. :rolleyes:

We have at least 50 more coming, Will report. The Anderson LPK's have had some problems with being incomplete though.
A call was made to the supplier about the poor packaging so we'll see if that changes. A few of the guys that ended up with some of the last order weren't happy with any imperfections. :rolleyes:

Guys buying $50 lowers want perfection? I guess that does not surprise me. I have a Anderson lower that has one of the trigger guard ears broke off. I bought a $30 Stark pistol grip with a built in trigger guard and it works great, and covers it up. You wouldn't even know unless you looked real close. Still I could not find a buyer for it for $35 including the $30 grip. I gave up and use it on one of my rifles and its fine.

Personally I have fixed many "imperfections" with a bit of flat black spray paint.

Guys buying $50 lowers want perfection? I guess that does not surprise me. I have a Anderson lower that has one of the trigger guard ears broke off. I bought a $30 Stark pistol grip with a built in trigger guard and it works great, and covers it up. You wouldn't even know unless you looked real close. Still I could not find a buyer for it for $35 including the $30 grip. I gave up and use it on one of my rifles and its fine.

Personally I have fixed many "imperfections" with a bit of flat black spray paint.

I know...I know. :rolleyes:

There even less than $50....

FWIW, I REALLY like the ones with integrated trigger guard. They seem much beefier.

I agree. I would prefer if they just molded a winter trigger guard in and call it good. You can get them but wish t was standard.

I just picked up a Anderson with the trigger guard and I like the looks. Now if the Anderson upper would just flow with the lower it would be a perfect world :rolleyes: The Mega billet lines up better.....

Anderson stamps their blems as blemished where the hand guard goes. So the reseller kind of has to tell you if they are blems. That being said I bought two Anderson blems about a year ago and I could not find any blemishes on them other then the stamp.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top