JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not to exciting but fishing on the Breitenbush river we we found a '50's car half way up the cliff covered in rocks , looks like it had been there a long time ....

Also I had some property on the Clackamas river across from Barton Park, and there was always a strange box in the river , so one day I went out and it was the roof of an '80's Volvo ...the whole car other than the roof was buried under river rock ...

Ok, so here is the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me in the woods! I was probably 12 or 13 at the time and at a family reunion at my great aunt and uncle's house just outside of Enumclaw WA. They had a pretty big piece of property located on a hill about half a click from a river (not sure which one).So my cousin (16 at the time) and I were exploring the property and found a skid trail that my uncle had cut with his dozer earlier in the year, that led us to the river and we started to hike along the edge of the water. All of a sudden both of us stopped and stared at a pallet roughly 4'x4' square that to this day we swear had small missiles/rockets and racks of grenades. I know I was young but I was into military weapons and loved all kinds of guns and military related items at a very young age and this stuff was NOT your average pallet o junk, especially out in the middle of nowhere! It freaked us both out and we ran as fast as we could back to the house and tried to get our dad's to come and look at it. Nobody would believe us until finally after several hours an one of our uncles finally agreed to hike down with us and check it out. But by the time we got back to the spot the pallet was gone, the only thing left was what looked like tin foil that covered the ground and was floating in the river and tire tracks that went into the woods on the other side of the river. Our uncle got very stern and told us we needed to leave ASAP and we left in a hurry!
To this day it drives me nuts wondering what the heck it was that we actually saw! Looking back I think the "tinfoil" must have been chaf? That is the only logical explanation I have, but it still baffles me why in the world weapons like that would end up on the edge of a river bank in WA state and then dissappear several hours later.

Why is it so hard to believe there is a semi intelligent ape-like species that has eluded "official" detection so far. New species are discovered by the hundreds every year and an intelligent species could well evade detection. Some people believe they are the Nephthalim mentioned in Genesis, (demon/ape/man?) mutant-hybrids
Simply because by this point if there was something of the sort in existence, then we would have found a dead one by now. A skeleton, SOMETHING. If they exist, they are not immortal, and must die at some point. That and I watched Scooby Doo as a kid. It is usually the creepy miner guy or something.

Ok, I don't have anything real strange or interesting. I have found a couple stolen cars up McGowan creek outside Eugene, OR. But probably the most interesting thing was back in the early 90's we were camping in the Sherwood area just northwest of Willits, CA, on LP tree farm property (the gate was open) and we found a couple of old log cabins, one was a big mess hall, and the other barracks for loggers. This is in the redwoods, and these looked like the dated back to the early 1900's when they were falling massive old growth in that area. Later that same weekend we decided to continue exploring and see where the road came out, the direction it was going it would eventually get to a main road, well as we are cruising along deep in the woods we pass a small travel trailer with a pallet of car batteries next to it. Also out in Trinity County CA somewhere around the same time we were out exploring, looking for a cool camp spot along the river, the road we were on was very old and washed out, so we had two wheels up on the side of the hill and the truck was rather sideways and I could see WAY down the hill next to us, and I spotted a 56 Bel Air coupe and a 49-53 Chevy pickup, both wrecked, at least 50 feet down the hill. I hiked down and pulled some little chrome pieces off for souvenirs.

Simply because by this point if there was something of the sort in existence, then we would have found a dead one by now. A skeleton, SOMETHING.
How often have you seen a bear or cougar skeleton as you were walking through the woods? I would bet not very often. It is possible that they bury they're dead, if they exist.

In 2008 me and another guy were doing some survey work out in a very rural area near Estacada. Comeing down a very brush hillside the area opened up into a clearing. Bags of fertilizer, hoses empty water jugs, and 5 gallon buckets everywhere. Obvious a recent marijuanna patch. About that time an airplane flew over and circled us about 5 times before finally taking off. Think it must have been law enforcement and they realized that dope growers dont run around the woods in orange vest

In 2008 me and another guy were doing some survey work out in a very rural area near Estacada. Comeing down a very brush hillside the area opened up into a clearing. Bags of fertilizer, hoses empty water jugs, and 5 gallon buckets everywhere. Obvious a recent marijuanna patch. About that time an airplane flew over and circled us about 5 times before finally taking off. Think it must have been law enforcement and they realized that dope growers dont run around the woods in orange vest

ive found several grows while marking timber boundary ... back in the day ... didnt bother me much ... now its pretty sketchy ... part of the reason I carry ... had a few guns shown for while finding boundary corners. never pointed directly at me but seen a few shotguns in the hands of clients neighbors

ive found several grows while marking timber boundary ... back in the day ... didnt bother me much ... now its pretty sketchy ... part of the reason I carry ... had a few guns shown for while finding boundary corners. never pointed directly at me but seen a few shotguns in the hands of clients neighbors

Only found a few grows when doing timber boundaries, mostly old ones. A few out in the Estacada and Mollalla areas and a few in the Yankton & St Helens area. Not quite as exciting as hitting hornet nest with your machete though.....I really miss those days

only grow i've ever came across was with a few buddies just out scoutin for deer or elk sign north east of silver falls area near stayton, OR. i came across irrigation from a stream to their plants, coolers full of eggs, tortillas, hot sauce and COLD corona, a dozen or so empty bags of fertilizer a generator, sleeping bags, pillows, clothes and no one in sight. it was scary to me because they could have been watchin me through their crosshairs the whole time. i just kept on walkin and eventually high tailed it outta there and called the state police. never even thought about goin back.

Years ago we had a young German guy stay with us for the school year. He was a senior in High School with one of ours...anyway...One day we took him hiking up the Cascade River and on up into the Glacier Peak wilderness area. BTW: This kid's nichname way Jugi (pronounced Yogi)

On the Cascade river road there used to be a large rock the road went around...and on that rock someone had painted a warning: "Sasquatch country, watch for thrown rocks." Well, after we hit the north fork trailhead, Jogi came upon a small bear (about 4')...made out of plywood, and covered with a bear pelt, quite realistic as long as you were say more than 10 feet from it. We called it "Jogi's Bear"...he really wante dto take that thing back to Germany with him... I'm sure someone put it there as a joke to frighten some sweet young thing..:)

hell0018web.jpg

Just on the east side of 8 lakes basin in Jefferson Wilderness in July of 1975 we had just come from the direction of the arrow.
D.B. Cooper!

-----------------------------------------------------------

My dad once found a leatherman out in the woods. Turned out, his best friend was hiking in that exact spot a year earlier and had lost his leatherman....we still have it. =)
Me personally - about 100 feet of 1" garden hose. Now its at the house.

Dean

I found 52 One Gallon containers of Toulene dumped off the road up in the hills above Medford. Some were leaking, most were partial or full. Like a good citizen, I haulled the stuff up and loaded the back of the truck thinking I could turn it in at the next Haz-Mat Collection Day. About halfway down the hill, it dawned on me that this could be part of a meth lab dump. Once home, I called the Sheriff who refered me to the BLM. The BLM was surprized when I told them I had it in the back of my truck. I brought it down the the Medford Office and I was greeted by a guy in a hazmat suit. He said it was definately from a Meth Lab. He said in the future, to make a note of the location and call it in.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top