JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In about 5 years I am going to retire.

The "plan" is to do a bit of traveling with a 4x4 RV, with dirt bikes and firearms - to do some riding and shooting and maybe some hunting.

I have a number of firearms that I might like to take with me that are not legal in Calif.

I am aware of the fed. law protecting me if I am "passing through", but I have relatives in S. Calif. I might like to visit and then go on to other destinations.

I wonder how I could store a firearm in a state - like Nevada - temporarily, such that I could come back through the state where it is legal, and pick it up and go on about my business, thereby satisfying both state and federal law by not staying overnight in a state where the firearm is effectively "banned"?

I don't want to store the firearm with an FFL because, as I understand it, they would need to log it into their books. When I retire I intend to declare residency in a "free state" (if any are left) and thereby get any firearms I bought since the BGC went into effect, "off the books" so to speak.

No - I don't know people in these states, much less people I would trust to store my firearms for me.

Thoughts?

Self storage places are one option.
If they are handguns, suppressors, SBR-Lower, or sub-guns, a safe deposit box in a bank.

Yea I hear ya. I think millions of people have had their bubblegum stolen out of storage units. Hole in the ground.. not so much.
True.

I've had friends who have had stuff stolen from storage. People rent a unit next door and then cut a hole in the wall and steal stuff. I have a friend who used to be the onsite manager/et. al. and he had to deal with that all the time, then later he stored his own stuff and had some of it stolen by some crack heads.

I am just going to do a pass on this. If I decide I am going to visit anybody in Calif. then I will just not take any "evil" guns with me that trip. Not worth the hassle. I don't like the L.A. area anyway.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top