JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I got about 4lbs of Black Powder I had been storing in a military ammo can but I read somewhere Its dangerous to store in a steel container, so now I got them in a cardboard box separated by bunches of newspaper.
What do you guys recommend to store Black Powder that doesn't require a lot of money?

I'm gonna be a smart ***

Click Here :D

But actually the same question came to mind for me in the last couple of weeks. This gave me an excuse. Looks like, pyrodex is like normal smokeless, and black powder just needs to be kept dry.

Keep it in the original containers on a shelf or in a cardboard box I guess. thing is cool and dry and NOT CONTAINED

I have about 6lbs of Black powder thats been sitting on a shelf above my reloading bench for about 20 years. Used some of it the other day its just like new.

Going to add about 10lbs to it here pretty soon.

Got a few pounds in the kitchen pantry, large amounts in other places. Cannon shooters buy black whenever it's on sale. Cool dry place and it's as stable as anything, I have some I've had over ten years. Store in the can it came in, ammo can is a bad place, you do not want it confined. When you buy a case of 25 lbs they come in a cardboard box.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top