JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I got this new 17hmr and it has to large Savage stickers.
So what is the best way for sticker removal off wood stock?
I to be honest I seldom buy new firearms and seldom ones with wood, most wood stocks I get have small stickers at the most. But these are large and wondered best way to remove them?

Thanks

I too would just peel it the best you can. Hopefully there won't be any long lasting difference in color where the sticker was.

Try heating it up with a hair dryer. Slowly peel it off in one piece if you can and a little WD40 on a paper towel for any residue left behind.

I had an ancient sticker (mid 80s) on my marlin 1894 that I took possession of last year.
Something about "NEW CROSSBOLT SAFETY!":mad:
Anyway it peeled right off and my fingernail got any residue. There was a only a slight bit of evidence where it was.
Later I wiped it down with stinky Ballistol and you'd never know now.
The cross bolt safety is still there though:mad:

You can probably just peel it but I'd like the hair dryer. I've used my wife's for firearms, debadging vehicles, construction, etc.
If my wife knew half the things I've worked on around the house with her hair dryer she wouldn't be too happy. They're just so useful though. Lol.

I put old rolls of dried up masking tape in the microwave to warm up the adhesive.
It doesn't make them like new again, but it at least let's you peel some off without it tearing into little strips.

Last Edited:
Spray any of your wood safe cleaning solutions on it and it will eventually loosen the goo up.
PB Blaster will take stickers off most anything but I don't remember trying it on a nice stock,myself.So try that with caution
WHY??? Why does Savage think it's a good idea to put that thing on there?
Cause the YT hacks keep it on for their vids? I don't get it

Spray any of your wood safe cleaning solutions on it and it will eventually loosen the goo up.
PB Blaster will take stickers off most anything but I don't remember trying it on a nice stock,myself.So try that with caution
WHY??? Why does Savage think it's a good idea to put that thing on there?
Cause the YT hacks keep it on for their vids? I don't get it
Ya there is a round one of the but-stock area and the foregrip. Just hand a tag and Id be happy.

Heat it with a hair dryer and it should come right off. If it leaves behind any residue, try Goo Gone. I got my last bottle at the $1 Store. Works great.

Best solvent out there is citrus cleaners made from orange or lemon peels. In fact if you have an orange or lemon in the house you can just crush the peel (the outside layer) to get the citrus oil - only need a little. Easy on the hands and biodegradable too, heh.

Pocket knife and scrape it off. Guaranteed to come off. Then cover the damage with duct tape.

Like it never happened.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads